Chapter 10- Shopping

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any part of Twilight or its characters, they are all owned by Stephanie Meyer.

Chapter 10- Shopping

The next morning I was getting ready for school when I was surprised to find a knock on my door. I opened it cautiously to find Alice standing on my porch, a bright smile on her face. "We realised that your truck is still at the school, so we're here to give you a ride." She explained. Behind her I saw the others, all sitting in a bright red convertible BMW M3, with the top down.

I grabbed my bag, and quickly closed and locked the door. "Thanks guys." I said as we reached the car. "I really appreciate it." I said, genuinely touched as how nice they were.

"No worries Bella," Rose assured me as I jumped over the side and into the back seat next to Alice and Jasper. "Your house is on our way to school anyway." She continued as she put the car in gear and headed to school. "In fact, if your truck ever breaks down, just call us and we'll pick you up." She offered, turning to give me a smile, the car never wavering from its path, even though her eyes weren't on the road.

I smiled back. "Thank you. When we go to Seattle Rose, you're going to have to show me what your baby can do." I said.

She laughed, "Let's just say that the ride to Seattle won't take very long," she winked.

We arrived at school, and I tried to ignore the stares, whispers and gawking that I got when the other students saw me get out of Rose's car. I was very thankful that Rose's car was so ostentations, because many of the guys that had been staring soon realised what kind of car we had gotten out of and promptly forgot about me as they raced over to get a proper look.

In the meantime, I subtly escaped to my first class.

I was proud of myself as lunch came, having successfully managed to avoid Mike all morning, and having given Jessica non-answers about the Cullens throughout our Trig lesson. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and as I walked into the cafeteria Mike once again latched onto my arm, "Bella, baby, why don't we have dinner together tonight?" He asked. "Let me show you just how beautiful you are." He tried to purr, but it sounded like a lawn mower instead.

"Let go and don't ever touch me again Mike." I said the venom in my voice unmistakable.

His eyes flashed with determination. "Come on Baby, you know you want to go out with me." He stated arrogantly, "Stop playing hard to get."

I gritted my teeth to stop myself from throwing him through the window. "I'm only going to say this once Mike. I. Do. Not. Like. You." I said slowly, stressing every word, my voice deceptively calm.

Mike's hand was still on my arm, and he opened him mouth to say something when a large, cold white hand came down on his shoulder. He shivered and let go of my arm, turning to face to owner of the hand.

I grinned my thanks at Emmett, who was glaring at Mike. I saw a quick flash of humour in his eyes as they caught mine, before he turned his cold stare back to Mike. "Listen Mike," he growled menacingly, "If you ever touch Bella again, if you even come near her again, I will personally remodel your face." He warned. Mike was now visibly shaking. "Do you understand?" Emmett asked him."

Mike nodded before turning and running out of the cafeteria. Emmett and I managed to make it to our table before bursting into laughter, and we were soon joined by Jasper, Alice and Rosalie, who had watched the whole exchange with amusement. "Thanks Emmett," I said when we finally calmed down. "You're like the awesome big brother I never had." I commented. He looked pleased.

"I can see why you were so eager to escape from Newton yesterday." Rose remarked, her disgust of Mike evident in the way she sneered his name. I simply shuddered in disgust and nodded. In my rush to get away from Mike I had forgotten to get any food, so I just snagged stuff off the others trays. They weren't going to eat in anyway. They looked at me, surprised, but I just shrugged at them. "I'm too lazy to go up there and get my own stuff, so I hope you guys don't mind sharing." I said.