Chapter 11: Damaged

It's been a year since we killed Pitcairn.  The trail is cold especially on the girl, I can't get over it.  Is she a Templar?  A source for them? and just who is she? I sat up in my bed, there was no way I'm going back to sleep tonight not with the dreams I've been having.  I got up and changed into a my white shirt, pants, and boots.  I slipped a knife into my boot and attached my gun holster to my waist.  I walked to the door carefully opening it and of Corse it creaked.  I crept towards the stairs nearly tripping over the rug.  I slid down the railing of the stairs jumping off and landing surprisingly quiet.  I opened the front door sliding out into the night.  I ran down the steps and into the woods.   I stood at the base of a tree and started to climb.  I reached the first branch and jumped up and grabbed the next one up.  I pulled myself up onto it and jumped to the next tree.  I started running through the trees I stopped and started going up one tree.  I sat down on a branch and leaned on the trunk.  My dream had just flashes but it was pretty freaky.  at  first It was my family then the Templar cross and then my mother in a  pool of blood.  Then my friends but then the Templar cross again, I have no idea what it means and it pained me to even think about it.  I pulled my knife out of my boot and twirled it around on my finger.  I heard a crack that was too loud for a bird I took my gun out of its holster.  I pulled back the hammer hearing it click.  I slowly stood up my heart started to go a little faster.  I stepped onto the next branch and aimed at the figure who stood on a different branch. They put there hands up and I saw who It was. 

"God damnit Connor I could've shot you. " I said pushing back the hammer on my gun.

"Yes..." He said following me down the tree. 

"So why are you here?" I asked

he stayed silent for a moment. "I saw you head out and I followed you here." He answered

I turned to face him "You followed me."

"Yes." He sounded a little embarrassed "Can I ask why you came out here?"

I sighed "Couldn't sleep, I've been having... nightmares lately." 

I leaned against the tree and rubbed my eyes.  I felt safe talking to Connor but I didn't know about my dreams.  He was standing next to me looking off into the woods.  The night was so quiet except for the occasional sounds of the wild life around us. 

"Connor... Why did you follow me out here?" I asked him

He looked at me like he was unsure of what to say then he sighed. 

"I wanted to know where you were going-"

"To make sure I wasn't going to cause mayhem." I laughed

"No. how often do you come out here at night?"

"Lately, most nights.  Not all nights but when ever I need to clear my head  after I have one of these nightmares." I answered

"Where do you usually go?"

"Sometimes I'll just run through the trees find a nice place to sit, roam around, or there's this nice little river not to far from here I go to.  Here I'll take you to it." I said 

Connor nodded and we started walking of in the direction of the river.  I looked up at the moon that hung in the night sky over the trees.  I kind of wish my friends could see this place it's so amazing, just the beauty of the wilderness and everything.  We reached the clearing and I led Connor to the place I usually sit.  Two rocks with a smooth top, I slipped my boots off and sat closer to the water sticking my feet in.  The cool water felt amazing, I let out a breath feeling relaxed. 

"Maybe I should head back, let you have your time here and clear your head." He said standing

I stood up facing him.