she likes girls | nishinoya x reader x yachi

fem!gay!reader
all this takes place one year after the current time; nishinoya is a third year, the reader is a second year, and so is yachi.

Nishinoya Yuu was very, very confused.

Yesterday, he had confessed his young affections to you and praised your looks to the skies above, but you had awkwardly denied him and mumbled something about not liking guys. Then you fast-walked away. Very quickly. Practically running, he realized sadly. Did he have a bug on his face or something?

Nah. It was probably the 'not liking guys' thing.

What was that called, again?

Oh, yeah. Gay.

Wait, did he know any other gay people? Yeah! He did! So he could totally hook you up. Be your wingman or something.

Nishinoya nodded resolutely. New mission: find (f/n) a date.

The next morning, he waited for you at your first period class. Upon seeing him, you stuttered out a brief hello and attempted to enter the room; unfortunately for you, his bright grin and outstretched arm prevented you from doing so. Instead, the short libero almost dragged you to a corner of the school, where people rarely went.

"Hey, (f/n)! You're gay, right? I'll introduce you to a friend of mine, if you want! She's cute and really nice and helpful and has super good notes!"

You blinked, flabbergasted. Was this the same boy who had expressed a liking for you the day before? And had you really exposed your sexuality to him? It must have been a slip of the tongue. Yet he didn't seem to mind at all...no, he practically embraced it.

Smile, you reminded yourself. Don't forget to smile.

"...Thank you. Nishinoya-senpai, was it?"

He seemed to expand, a proud expression on his features.

"S-senpai?! You called me senpai! Wait, no, I'm getting off track. Wanna meet her after school? Her name's Yachi Hitoka! She's one of the managers of the volleyball team!"

It was hard to resist his upbeat attitude. You sighed in resignation.

"Well, I suppose it can't hurt. Where should I find you later?"

The wild-haired teen grinned fiercely and gave you directions to the third gym.

That's where we'll be after school! Come watch us practice!

His words echoed in your mind even as your feet pulled you towards the warehouse-esque building. At first glance, it seemed abandoned, but the sounds of shouts and balls hitting the floor were loud enough to quickly dispel that thought.

She's cute!

You wondered if Nishinoya knew what he was talking about. He did think that you were attractive, after all. But he wasn't the type to lie.

Upon opening one of the heavy metal doors, you gulped nervously and slid inside. Your senses were immediately assaulted by the noises from earlier, but amplified a hundred times over. Shutting your eyes tightly, you breathed out quietly, closing the door behind you.

There he was.

Wasn't volleyball generally a sport for tall people? you wondered. Still, the teen's body slid lithely across the court, seemingly to consist solely of a vivid orange and black streak.

You were fascinated, but he wasn't what you came for.

Your gaze moved around the gym, finally coming to rest on one figure in particular.

It must be her.

Blonde, petite, with her hair in a small wing-

Something in you skipped a beat.

Nishinoya was wrong. She wasn't just cute.

She was perfect.

Muttering a brief thanks to the fiery ball of energy, you made your way over to the girl - Yachi - and that's when it all really began.

A/N: YAS