pillow forts | aone takanobu

It's been a stressful day at work. Aone knows when he sees the dejected slump of your shoulders and the drifting sigh that falls from your lips like a weight. The messy hair and reddened eyes are another dead giveaway.

He walks to where you stand, completely still, with your briefcase in one hand and your keys in the other.

"(F/n)," he utters quietly. Aone's not great at comforting people, but he tries his best for you.

"Taka-kun..." you mumble back, wrapping your arms around him tightly, your belongings dropping to the floor with a heavy thunk. "Today was bad, really bad..."

The giant rubs a hand through your hair silently.

"Tomorrow will be better." His voice is a deep rumble, emanating from his chest and enveloping you in its warmth. You hug him closer, but he startles you instead by swinging you up bridal style. Well, you are married, after all.

"Taka?" you squeak in surprise, blinking up at him. Aone gives you a rare tiny smile.

"Wait. Close your eyes."

You nod and press your face against his shirt. It smells like him: like cool fall nights and sweat after a game and the big ball of fluff he actually is. Rustling in the background of your contemplation stirs you from your near-sleep state; your husband speaks again.

"You can look now."

Your gaze moves slowly from the grey cotton to the room around you. Realizing that you were in the living room, you scanned the furniture to see a mass of blankets and other miscellaneous bedspreads in between the two couches. A grin sprung to your face.

"Pillow fort!" you exclaimed happily, hopping down gratefully from Aone's arms. Crawling into the small, dark space, you motioned for him to sit outside.

"Thank you, Taka-kun!"

The pale-haired man looks away, blushing slightly.

"...of course."

Curling up on a small pile of soft patterned wool, you let yourself fall into a well-deserved slumber. Aone pats your head with a large hand weathered from blocking.

"...sleep well."

---

A/N: aone is #1