That Time

It was again that time of the month where Emma got cravings and was moody. Killian was lightly confused at her newly behavior and decided to ask her.

"Hey Swan. I'm home.", Killian said as he walked through the door of their home. Emma sat on the couch and watched a movie, chips in one hand and hot cocoa in the other.

"Hey." He heard her mumbling back.
He sighed and got ready for an annoyed Emma. Killian noticed the red eyes and the tears stained cheeks as he sat down next to her.

"What's wrong, love? Did something happen?" He was now worried. Did he do something wrong?

"Nothing's wrong. I just watched titanic and you know how sad that film is. She just lost Jack forever." And now she started to cry again. Killian's face was priceless. He didn't know what he should do. Did she want to be alone or wanted she comfort. He was confused and well, frozen in place.

So he wrapped his arms around her and held her until she calmed down.
When he couldn't hear her sobs anymore, he wanted to ask if she was okay but noticed that she had fallen asleep. He sighed and carried her up the stairs to their bedroom.

***

He decided to ask Dave about this.
He left a note on the kitchen table and that said he would be back later and left. After a few minutes, he knocked on the door and Snow opened. She smiled and said she would get David.

"Hey Killian what's up?" Killian screatched behind his ears in an embarressed manner.

"Well your highness, I have a question for you. Ehm... Do you know why Emma is so moody lately? Because I have no idea." Killian was a little embarressed by this question and he could see the shock on the prince's face.

"Come in, Killian. I think Snow and I have to tell you something about this world.", the prince muttered.

Killian was a bit confused by his answer but still stepped into the apartment. David gestured fo him to sit down in the kitchen.

"Well, first of all, don't tell Emma I told you but women have some problems at a certaun time in the month." Killian just nodded." Well, they got..... ketchup
on their hot dog." The look on Killian's face was priceless, a totally confused face. He opened his mouth but nothing came out, he was speechless.

"What?" Ketchup? What the hell did Dave say?

David took a frustrated breath and tried to think of a way to tell him without being crazy.

"They have this time, when they are moody and got cravings but that's totally normal because, well, their body works." Killian still didn't understand a thing.

David sighed and called for Snow. Hopefully she could explain this to him.

***

Killian walked out the door of the loft, a shocked, confused and partly disgusted
look on his face. Snow's explanation helped, but now he was scarred and not in a good way.

To clear his head he walked to the docks and sat on a bench, looking out the sea. Now he know why Emma acted so differently, but he didn't see that coming.

He still had to learn so much about this world, but he had a family, who would help him.