f o u r t y - o n e

Start from the beginning

"Save it for your birthday, duh," I laughed.

"What did you get me?"

"You know I can't tell you Gilinsky," I laughed as I got the AUX cord and plugged my phone in.

"Fine, what will we be listening to?" He asked.

(Play the song above to listen along)

"Let's see," I put my phone on shuffle mode to see what would play.

Settle Down by The 1975 started playing and I looked at Jack with a smile. Then he started to sing.

"A soft sound!" Jack and I sang as he looked over at me dramatically.

"To the way that she wears her hair down...covering up her face...and oh what a let down...and I don't seem to be having any effect now...falling all over the place." Jack sang to me reaching out to my face and messing up my hair as I started to laugh. He acted like if the song was meant for me. He made it seem like it was meant to be for me.

I just watched Jack sing the second verse. He was so into it, it was honestly so cute. Hearing his voice makes me so happy. Its so perfect. Jeez he's too perfect. I'm so lucky to have him.

"For crying out loud, settle down! You know I can't be found with you...we get back to my house your hands, my mouth now I just stop myself around you." Jack and I sang together as he drove off.

...

"A small town...dictating all the people we get around...what at a familiar face. Do you get what I mean now? I'm so fixated on the girl with the soft sound...and hair all over the place...and you're sure that I'd learn I'm pushing through bodies avoiding me and walking 'round you and you're cold and I burn I guess I'll never learn 'cause I stay another hour or two." We sang overly dramatic.

I laughed as he starts to dance to the music, so I started to dance along with him as we kept singing to the song.

Jack turned up the song louder as we kept on dancing to the song. I started to laugh because he started to make crazy faces as he was singing. This moment is honestly perfect, I love having these moments with him, damn I'm in love with this kid.

"Dance break!" I said as the instrumental part started to play.

...

Jack started to sing to me again but kept his eyes on the road giving me a few glances.

"This is so our song now," Jack laughed.

"I agree, now every time I hear this I'm going to think of this moment," I laughed.

"Good, we only need good memories." He smiled as we pulled up in front of the house.

"Looks like the guys are still here," Jack said looking at the cars in the drive way.

"We get to crush their guys night now," I laughed.

Jack turned off the car and I slid off my heels and we got out of the car making our way to the house.

"We're here bitches!" I yelled as we opened the door.

We walked into the guys wrestling all over the floor. It was Cam and Nash, and Cam was pinning Nash down waiting till he gave up.

"Okay okay! I'm done!" Nash yelled tapping the floor.

"Ha! I win!" Cam said throwing his hands in the air.

"How was y'all's night?" Matt asked waking over to us.

"Amazing!" I smiled as I hugged Matt.

"Sweet necklace," Johnson said walking to us.

"Thanks," I smiled looking down at it and back at Jack.

"We'll be right back you guys. I need to give Jack his present," I said taking Jack's hand.

"Damn Gilinsky! You about to hit that!" Cam said yelling as we went up the stairs.

"Shut up Cam!" I yelled laughing as I took Jack to my room.

I shut the door behind us and set my heels down next to the door.

"Sit" I said pointing to my bed and Jack did so.

I walked over to my closet to get the present.

"Let's start with the basic," I said giving him a vans box.

"Well don't you just know me so well," he laughed taking the box from my hands.

I got him Vans Mountain Edition Sneakers and I thought he needed something more than just black or gray vans.

"Damn, these are nice," Jack said with a huge smile.

He kicked off his shoes and put them on.

"It's different but I like them," he said standing up from the bed and walking around in them.

"Good, now one more present." I smiled and went back to my closet.

I got out a smaller box and handed it to him.

"Thought it would look nice," I shrugged and he opened the box and his eyes widened.

"You really know my style," He said taking it out from the box.

I got him a Chrono Black Leather watch.

"So you like it?" I asked.

"Uhh yeah! It's hella nice!" He said putting it on his wrist.

"Good! It's not easy shopping for guys at all," I laughed.

"Well you did good," he smiled and walked over to me giving me a hug.

"Movie night?" I asked.

"Sounds perfect," Jack smiled.

Jack and I got into more comfortable clothes, I kept my necklace on, I don't think I'm ever going to take it off. We went downstairs and watched a movie with the guys. And that was our night. 8 months with Jack feels like 8 years with him. I'm glad we've come this far and more to come. I love Jack Gilinsky.

________________