Chapter 8

Amali POV

Since we got the news that Aug was getting signed and the fact that it was a Saturday night, we all decided to go out and celebrate.

I was so happy fa' my baby, so we just had ta' do a lil sum fa' him. Outta the kindness of my heart.

"Toni get yo ass up and get dress! Trav and Aug will be here any minute to come get us!" I said hitting her.

She huffed and got up,"Girl we got time, you know they neva' be on time." She said obviously.

I stale faced her,"Fine, but if they come and you not ready, we leavin' you." I said walking in the bathroom.

20 minutes later, I came out with a black dress that stopped to my knee and fitted in the right places. I put on some lotion and perfume and put my black and gold stilettos on. I put on my maroon Mac lipstick and curled my hair, putting it in a messy bun.

I came out and Toni looked at me," No No No, get back in there and change!" She said pushing me.

"If you'on get those man hands off me!" I said making her stop.

"Why do I have to change?!" I asked.

She looked at me,"Because I don't want ta' see Aug in the back of a police car." She said with a blank expression.

"Huh?" I said so confused as to what she was talking about.

"You know if Aug see you in that, he gone make you change too. We goin' ta' a party and it's obvious niggas gone be trynna talk ta' you and you know Aug ain't havin' that." She said obviously.

She was right, Aug was crazy when it came ta' me. He'd be ready ta' square up if a nigga even blow his breath close ta' me. He was so overly protective. I liked it though.

"But hey, you look hella fine sooo." She said trailing off in the bathroom.

20 minutes later coming out with a long blue fitted dress with cuts on the sides. With black stilettos on. Her now red dyed hair was sitting in wavy curls.

I looked at her,"And ya' talk bout me and my outfit." I said.

"Girl, I'm keepin' it classy and simple." She said motioning to her outfit.

I looked at her like she was crazy," A dress wit cuts down the side sure is classy." I said sarcastically.

She sucked her teeth,"Ha ha ha real funny." She said rolling her eyes.

"But that's besides the point, we slayin' ta'night bitch! Bitches gonna wanna fight us, cuz we gone be feelin' I'selfs." I said laughing.

I heard a honk outside indicating that Trav and Aug were outside.

"Let's go turn up bihhh!" I said ta' Toni walking out the door.
***********************
15 minutes later at the party-Toni POV

As we pulled up to the party, this feeling came over me, like something was gonna go wrong. I just knew some shit might end up jumpin' off, but it's Aug's night and I don't wanna be negative about it.

I bumped Amali getting her attention."Is Justin, Terrell, and Malaysia nem' suppose ta' be here? I gotta feelin' somethin' gonna go wrong." I said to her.

She shook her head,"No, not that I know of. Let's not even think bout them bum bitches right na' we out ta' have a good time wit no worries. And if Malaysia come here wit her pregnant ass, I know somethin'." she said laughing.

We got out of the car, we walked in and the first thing Amali and I searched for was the drinks.

"We'll be back, we goin' to get some drinks." I said to Trav.