Chapter seventeen Welcome to hell year two

A/N : Just sayin it's not year 2 its year 5 just in case :)

You and Katelynn had become friends easily you had asked her parents if she could spend the rest of the summer, which had only been a week, with us at Saloni's. Her parents said yes, thankfully.

She was the only one I was talking to, I shut everyone else out.

Saloni,Nix, even Draco tried to get you to talk,him not being so nice about it.....

No! You had had enough with the drama. Nope, not getting envolved anymore!!

You were on the Hogwarts express now, you specifically were listening to music looking out the window at the black lake while you passed it. Most people thougth it was this small lake...Well those people would be very wrong it was HUGE!

You sighed remembering the times you spent with Cedric down there.

**Flash Back**

You had been sitting at the edge of the dock at the lake when Cedric came up behind you and started tickling you.

"CEDRIC STOP!!!! AHH" You shrieked you hated being tickled, he knew it.

He was just doing this to annoy you.

"Why, don't you love being tickled?" He asked with a smirk.

"NO! and you know it!!" You replied in an annoyed tone."Ugh don't give me that face!!"

It was his 'I'm so cute you can't stay mad at me' face. Kinda like some girls have a puppy dog face.

"Aw you know you love it" He said cockily

You sighed a happy sigh "I hate it when your right"

"I know" He said kissing your forehead.

You two had had the most wonderful picnic that night. Can you spell P-E-R-F-E-C-T?

**End Flash back**

Thinking of Cedric had almost made you cry. For the rest of the train ride you fought tears.The drama of last year was killing you inside. You had nothing, no parents, you'd lost your best friend and the love of your life.

Before you knew it you were off the train and in the great hall.

The hat's song was different this year, it felt like less of a song and more of a warning. Well you understood..with daddy being back and all. You noticed someone at the end of the staff table who had never been there before. She was dressed in all pink. She was very...*Ahem... Ah she was fat...She also resembled a toad.

Ew...

"I would like all of you to know we have two changes in staffing this year. Professor Grubby-plank will be taking over care of magical creatures. And we have a new defense against the dark arts teache, Professor Umbridge" he said gesturing to the toad. "Tryouts for the House Quiddich teams will take place on-"

Before the headmaster could finish his sentence there was a girlish hem hem from one end of the table. You looked up to see the toad get up to begin talking.

"Thank-you, headmaster for those kind words of welcome. Well it is lovely to be back at Hogwarts i must say!" She said with a smile revealing very pointed teeth. "And to see such happy little face looking back at me. I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all, I'm sure we'll be very good friends. The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. The rare gifts with which you were born may come to nothing if not nurtured and honed by careful instruction. The ancient skills unique to the Wizarding community must be passed down through generations lest we forget them forever. The treasure trove of magical knowledge amassed by our ancestors must be guarded, replenished, and polished by those who have been called to the noble procession of teaching." She said while gesturing to the staff.

" Each Headmaster and Headmistress has brought something new to the wighty task of governing this historic school, that is as it should be without progress there will be stagnation and decay. There again progress for progress's sake must be discouraged, for our tired and tested tradions require no tinkering. A balance, then, between only and new, between premanence and change, between tradition and inovation.Because some changes will be for the better, while others will come, in the fullness of time, to be recognized as errors of judgement. Meanwhile some old habits will be retained, and rightly so, whereas others, outmoded and outworn, must be abandoned. Let us move forward, then, into a new era of openness, effectiveness, and accountability, intent on preserving what ought to be preserved, perfecting what needs to be perfected, and pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited."

And with that she sat down...hmm this year was going to be very fun. And with that you were back to your thoughts.