Chapter 1: Last Year

Start from the beginning

Unbelievable

My eyes widen and my jaw dropped. Is it just me or is this guy....

"I'm not moving any where." Ralph said letting me go.

I rub my wrists. Now I can escape. Yay! I turn around smiling like a idiot.

"Where do you think your going?" Ralph said grabbing my sleeve since I pulled my arm in.

"Uhhh class." I say giving him a nervous smile.

"I don't think so."he said grinning and tried pulling me closer.

"Nooooo!" I whined and tried to get my sleeve out of his grip. "Stop mom will kill me if this shirt stretches any further!" I whine.

Ralph grins while Jasper looks puzzled. "Thanks for moving him." Jasper said opening his locker.

=~= That is how Ralph and I looked like frozen.

"You idiot!"he yells at me letting go of my sleeve making me fall on my butt.

"Ow." I say rubbing my butt. I look at my sleeve and frown. "My mom's gonna kill me!" I cry dramatically.

"Shut up!" Ralph yells then starts to walk away.

"You two are strange." Jasper said walking past me on the floor. "By the way thank you again and your gonna be late."he said before he was gone.

I stood up rubbing my butt. I looked at my messed up sleeve.

Never wear a sweater to school again. I nod in approval with myself and go to my locker quickly. I get my stuff and run to English right before the bell rings.

"I'm not late!" I yelled and the whole class turn to look at me. Then the bell rung.

"Yes you are." Ms. May said standing up.

"How? I'm in class." I said confused and tilted my head to the side.

"One your not in your seat."she said shaking her head. "And I said at the beginning of the year that who comes last is late."she said shaking her head.

"Shoot." I said and snapped my fingers.

"Take a seat."she said pointing to an empty seat by in the back by the big windows.

Yay windows! Trees and birds! Anything out of school.

I ran to the seat and sat down. I look around and notice another empty seat by me. Wait! Where's Cody?

The door opens. "Sorry I'm late." Cody huffs.

He must ran to school and up all those stairs. I shake my head. Wait!

"I'm not late, hah!" I yell standing up and pointing at the teacher.

Cody face palms himself. The class looks at me like I'm crazy. And the teacher rolls her eyes.

"No, I guess your not late."she said as she shooed Cody away and he took the seat by me.

I sat down happily while kids snickered. Cody sighed and shook his head.

"Aw don't pretend you don't love me." I say.

"I don't."he said cracking a grin.

"Aw my feelings." I said dramatically putting my hand on my heart. He shakes his head at me.

"Turn to page 347." Ms. May said. "Do 1-3, cross out six."she said fixing her bun.

I turned to the page then I looked in my binder for a pencil. I didn't see one. Not a color pencil, marker,crayon, or pen.

"Uh Cody." I whisper.

"What?"he said not looking up from the work.

"Got anything I could write with?" I whisper.

"You know Ms. May only wants us to write with a pencil right."he said smirking.

"That does not answer my question." I said glaring.

"The only one I got in my hand."he said.

I groaned then I saw a guy in front of me with some pencils. I tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Do you have a pencil?" I asked.

I know obviously he does. But he has them under his notebook which means he's trying to hide them.

"Not for you."he said smirking and his friends hi-fived him.

I stood up and glared at him. "I just need a penicl for crying out loud!" I yelled.

Okay that's what I wanted to do. Instead I stood up and opened my mouth. Then shut it and slid down in my seat.

"Good job by standing up for yourself Batman." Cody said snickering.

"Whatever." I said pouting.

I decided to be brave and ask the Ms. May for a pencil. I got up from my seat and walked to her desk while looking down.

"Um Ms. May." I said quietly.

"Yes?"she said.

"May I borrow a pencil?" I ask playing with my fingers.

"Why don't you have a pencil? You should always have all your materials."she said.

"Yes I know, I'm sorry." I said not looking up.

"It's funny how shy you can be and the next minute loud."she said shaking her head.

"Yeah,sorry." I said as she handed me a pencil.

I walked down the aisle then I tripped over someone's leg and fell face first. Ralph's to be exact. I look up at him and my eyes burn. I'm already clumsy.
I pushed myself up and walked to my seat.

"You alright?" Cody asked.

I ignored him and started to do my work. After English I went to choir. The best class ever. Sometimes. I've been going to this class since sixth grade.

Besides singing helps me. It relaxes me. I always sung when I was little. When I'm sad, angry, happy.... It just makes me feel free. So does writing, drawing, and reading. Exploring....there's so many things I like to do.

If only people tried to get to know me they would know me better. I think about this as I walk to class.

"Blaise!"someone yells.

Before I can turn around I'm tackled. "Hi Cassie." I said smiling big.

"Hi."she said getting up and helping me.

Cassie is my girl best friend. She is also in choir. And she is one of the people that know I'm gay. Cody knows and Ralph assumes. Cassie is also in choir with me. Ralph is too sadly. And so is Jasper... Jerk. Why are all the guys I know are jerks? Well Cody can be nice sometimes.

"Come on!" Cassie said pulling my arm to make me sit with her.

She's an alto and I am the only boy alto because most of the time boys are baritones. But I can sing higher and some day I hope to be a soprano.

Someday things will be different.

Oh yes they will be. You have no idea. I was so innocent so dumb. I might be still today.

So did you like it? I hope you did. Bye my little potatoes.