Chapter 5, Part 3: The Eternal Union

The royal handmaidens were preparing the ceremonial gown that Atalanta will wear to the solemn ceremony. It was the same gown that Myrrina wore when she was still the water goddess.

It has been a few months since the happening at the Krikahmn had took place. But the deception that the council has made for the merpeople did not remain a secret. And with this they extended all of their apologies and humble respects to the water goddess.

A lot of things had changed, and one of these changes is that Atalanta was elected by the Merian great elders to be the ruler of Cyneria, but still their goddess.

She accepted this gladly and vowed to always uphold the Merian rules and laws, the ancient ways and values.

But there was only one thing she must do that will set contentment into her heart.

After she was dressed and the crown of the goddesses has been placed on her head, she swam out of her chambers, accompanied by her handmaidens. They were headed to the newly reconstructed throne room, where it was made into a large hall to accommodate every Merian, no matter the standing among the merpeople society. The large doors opened for them and the throne hall's decreased level of water still remained just like it always did when it was occupied by the council.

And every Merian bowed down when Atalanta entered as she made her way to the throne, where a large block of marble stone was standing.

The the'reukai gave a salute by lifting their spears up for their queen and goddess.

As Atalanta got near to the marble block, she stopped and placed her hand at it. She then spoke to her people in Hak'l, "My people... My beloved Merians... Tonight, we will witness the making of a monument. But not just any monument, but a great one. A tribute to the great goddess, Myrrina, my mother. May she live forever in our hearts and memories, and may this monument be a reminder to us all... That to love is no crime but it is a privilege that everybody can have and share."

Atalanta stood back slowly, and she raised her arms, and two poles made out of water sprouted from the watery floor. She controlled it then the two poles started to bend and move, chiseling and shaping the marble block into a figure.

She moved her hands in a slow but flowing motion, as if she was dancing herself, and the water poles are following her every movement.

In every curve, the marble was carved perfectly. The water poles moved smoothly around and over the marble that it looked like Atalanta was shaping something soft as sand.

It only took her a few minutes to make it, and it was all done. All of the people admired the statue of Myrrina. It was like the same statue that stood in the shrine up above the land, the same features and even the same polished-finish that the statue has.

Atalanta dropped the water poles from her control and she turned to face all of them. Then gradually, applause flooded the hall. A man even shouted, Hail the goddess Myrrina, and our queen, Atalanta!

They clapped and cheered with the sight of the perfect monument, but moreover, they applauded Atalanta.

I have cleared my mother's name. I have mend her ruined reputation. She thought as a smile stretched across her face.

----

He almost jumped when he heard his phone ring with that silly ringtone. Before answering it, he saw the screen flash Jules' name and picture.

Felipe answered it, "Hey, Jules! Man, it's been a long time!" he rejoiced over the line.

Jules answered, equally happy to hear Felipe's voice, "Hey! What's happening there, man? Well, five months has been long."