Chapter 3, Part 3: The Revelation

Some of the guests left their gifts at the empty long table after the little celebration ended.

The staff were busy cleaning up all the dishes, clearing the tables and giving giveaways to the guests. Armand and Concita also thanked the guests before leaving the resort. He would have to drive some of them again to the port.

It was almost sunset, and the sun had colored the sky red-orange and pink pastel as it goes down to west.

All the while, Felipe was sitting comfortably at a wood bench near the beach, with the special cake he had Mama Isabelle made, safely placed in a food bowl. He was watching the sunset and was feeling the wind caress him with a soft inaudible lullaby.

They said that the sun was a god, and that every sunrise, he would be born. And in every sunset, he would die; hence, the sometimes bloodshot color of the sky.

But whatever the legend was, it is a sight to see. Only for Felipe, what would happen after an hour or two, would be more feasible to the eyes.

The bench was situated not too far from Señor Manuel's hut, and if he would look left, he would see the hut and the beach's view and in his right, the cave where their meeting place is.

He knows that she said same time, same spot, and he might be 4 hours earlier, and that could mean something.

Without his knowledge, he began tapping his leg at the sand. He glanced at his waterproof watch (just in case, he thought earlier), and it was only 3 hours and 58 minutes till he see Atalanta again.

Felipe's not really a fan of waiting and being patient, but for Atalanta, he would do the impossible.

After a few moments, the dark blue started to eat out the pastel colored sky, covering the light but revealing the dark serenity of the sea.

His eyes adjusted to the torches being lit at the beach from afar. They looked like little dancing dots, just like the stars up above.

He tried distracting himself by noticing and observing everything. Maybe this will pass the time as he waited for her.

As he leaned over the wooden post near the bench, he can hear himself sigh every minute that pass by.

Maybe he was too excited to see Atalanta again, that causes him to be so anxious about it.

But then, his mind drifted and her face showed up in his mind eye. Her long black, sometimes blonde hair, a little bit disheveled but he imagined it that it will be soft to the touch.

Her sapphire eyes that effortlessly bewitches him every time he looks into it. And now that he remembers it, her voice. So youthful and mellifluous. He could listen to her for hours, maybe if she read to him the encyclopedia, he would still listen to her.

Felipe felt his chest heave. He tried to recall that he went crazy for her ex, but never this way. Atalanta was not like any other mortal girl that he will meet. Maybe that's why he's so crazy this way for her.

He thought, love must be the most deadliest weapon in the world. It can make people do things beyond their limits, make them go crazy, and can result to many things.

But he paused for a while, does he love her?

"Whoah wait... What?" he muttered to himself.

He let himself slip, and this thoughts had caught him off guard.

For several times, he had denied what he really feels for Atalanta. There was no label on what he actually feels right now. Or it might be just the way he wanted for this time, no labels. Maybe he might really like Atalanta, but if he is somewhat at the thin line of between liking her and falling head over heels for her.