A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (23)

Start from the beginning

Well that's definitely not good. I take a step toward them wanting to ask them what hell is going on? But a hand on my shoulder stops me from taking any further steps.

I turn my head to see the dark cloaked figure, okay that sounded like a bad horror description.

But that is what he looks like, it's almost comical actually, but I don't think this is the most appropriate time to laugh. I look back to the group in front of me, I want to remove this mans hand from my shoulder but I want answers more.

My gaze travels to Calder's and I want to punch him at this moment, he has the most prominent smirk I have ever seen. Not only that but he also seems, seems, like he's won something, like he's victorious in game. But the question is what game is he playing and what did he win?

"What's going on?" It's an open question really I don't care who answers it, I just someone to.

And of course the one person I cant stomach speaks first, Calder.

"Well it is simple really you and your master thought you could not only deceive me but also betray me. Tsk, tsk, tsk, how very naive and ignorant you both are. I knew from the beginning that there was something strange about you two. And I knew Will was not truly your master nor where you his slave but...."

A chuckle breaks his speech. "But I thought I would play along and see what I could gain from helping you both. But to my disappointment I received a letter from The Lord Tempest explaining to me that you both are from the human world and that he is willing to pay anything for me to hand you and your master over. Which ended my little game with you two."

This guy sure loves to hear himself talk if he's willing to tell me his whole diabolical plan from beginning to end it seems.

" He made me an offer I just could not refuse and with him being here.." He motions behind me to the stranger man. "I am sure you are smart enough to figure out the rest."

Wait one thing doesn't make sense " I don't understand, why is Gwen here?"

"Maybe I was wrong, you are not smart enough to figure it out." He quirked his eyebrow as he said that. I give him an insulted glare not caring what the consequences may be. He is such an ass.

"You see Gwen here has been my slave since she was young and has devoted her life to me. Upon finding out that I needed to get you both here to Port Daor, that is where Gwen comes in. I needed her help to lure you here to your new master and in exchange I am to free her and young Cara here. I am not too sad to lose them, for Lord Tempest paid enough for the lot of you."

I'm stunned, stunned out of words, out of movement, I, I have no idea how to process this. What he said, I- I mean that means Gwen tricked me, she lied to me, she betrayed me.

I-I t-trusted her and I was such a fool to do so, why didn't I see it, why didn't I see through her? Everything she told me was a lie, about Cara being sold and about her friend Mora, everything.

Why did I trust her, I told her all those things, I am so stupid. I don't look at Gwen and I really don't wish to. I don't want to see what her face might betray, what it may say.

But I do look to Cara who is staring at me also her eyes are full of un spilled tears, and I understand that she knew this would all happen.

Is that what she was trying to tell me before? I should have paid more attention to how she was acting maybe she would have gave me a clue. I am such an idiot. I look to the ground trying to sort out all my thoughts and feeling; even though I know I will never be able to understand this or accept it.

"Now a more important question; where is your master or shall I say your fake master."

Oh crap, they expected Will to be with me, which he was suppose to, I mean Kieran was supposed to be with me. They don't know Will woke up in a fever induce coma or whatever is wrong with him, and I wont let them find that out. He is absolutely vulnerable to anyone or anything, he is helpless, and I need to protect him.