An Unknown Love. Part 20

Start from the beginning

"But I don't want them in the back of the car. And what if my parents see us when we drop them off?" I really don't want to tell them just yet.

"Well we'll drop them off before your parents get there. And don't worry Rox, your brother and sister have never seen me before. They won't know who I am," he always had to have a way to argue against mine.

"Whatever," I muttered leaving the living room.

"So I'll see you at half five?" He asked with a laugh.

"Just text me when your outside and don't be an idiot." I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. I walked back into the kitchen and smiled at my dad slightly. "We'll drop them over on the way past. What time are you getting there at?" Getting there before them would save a lot of questions I don't want to answer.

"We'll be done about six so we won't get to your grandparent's until half. You're not going to be out all night are you?" My dad raised his eyebrows, folding his arms across his chest. Talking to him now is the first time I've noticed how tired he looks.

"No, I'll be back for eleven. Why?" I knew he didn't like me being out all night. But he'd be okay with it as long as I either had a safe place to stay, or a safe way to get home.

"I'm just wondering." He smiled slightly before walking over go his coat. "We're heading out now. I'll see you when you get in." He said pulling on his coat. I nodded and watched him walk towards me. "Have fun tonight," he kissed my cheek before leaving. I let out a breath while walking over to the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of water before heading towards the living room.

"You two better be ready for half five or you can make your own way to granny and granda's. Okay?" I tried to clarify with them. They nodded, while Max focused on his video game and Emily on her laptop. I shook my head before going upstairs. They better not embarrass me in this car.

*

"I swear if you embarrass me, so help me I will make your lives hell. Are we clear?" I threatened locking the front door.

"Jeez Rox, calm down. I've got better things to do than to talk about shit you've done." Emily rolled her eyes and looked down at Hartley's car.

"Watch your mouth Emily." I looked at her flatly. I know my mouth is awful, but I'm eighteen, she's only fifteen. I've been trying for ages to quit swearing so much, but it's quite difficult. It isn't an attractive thing either.

I walked past them and down to Hartley's car. I opened the passenger side door and sat down. "Just kill me already," I mumbled before Max and Emily got in. Hartley laughed as they got into the back.

"Hi to you too Sarky," he continued to look at me. I turned and gave him a flat stare. He smirked and glanced behind him. I turned in my seat and look at Max and Emily who were looking at Hartley.

"This is Mark," I decided to use his middle name. He turned around and smiled at them. "That's Max," I pointed to my little brother. "And that's Emily," I pointed to my sister.

"Hey guys," Hartley smiled warmly at them. "So what's Sarky been telling you about me?" He asked with a faint smirk. I pushed his shoulder so be would face me.

"Shut up and drive," I pointed towards the steering wheel.

"Who are you; Rihanna?" He chuckled and turned in his seat.

"You wish I was Rihanna." I said while punching his shoulder.

"Nah, I'd rather have you." He looked over at me and smiled. I tutted and rolled my eyes. "What's wrong with you today then? Even my charm can't make you smile." He started driving as I put on my seatbelt.