Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

The other kids were in bed and so Aubree went to speak with her parents and Charlotte. Tom had taken the kids back home. "Aubs, are you okay?" Chloe asked. Aubree shook her head.
"Emily shouted at me," Aubree said. Chloe held her.
"We'll sort it out," Chloe said.

Aubree went back to bed and cuddled with Taitlyn. Taitlyn kissed her.
"Things will get better babes," Taitlyn said. Aubree nodded and cuddled in to Taitlyn.

Charlotte and Tom went home but let the kids stay with Chloe and Max.

*Three weeks later*
Mr Carter had been touching Emily for a few weeks and she still had no idea it was wrong. Chloe realised there was something wrong with Emily and she wasn't giving up on finding out what.

When they got to school, Emily ran off. Scarlett tried to go after her but Max puck her up. "Daddy down!"
"No."

Emily sat in the library alone. Mr Carter walked in. "Hello Emily."
"Hi."
Mr Carter smirked. "I've been thinking of how you can fit in."
"How?" Emily asked. He smirked again and took Emily's underwear off.
"By letting me do this."

Charlotte was teaching. Chloe burst in, "I need a word," Chloe said.
"What's wrong?"
"Emily hasn't turned up for class," Chloe said. Charlotte walked outside.
"She's probably in the library."

Mr Carter had finished with Emily. "Don't tell anyone about that. No one will believe it."
"Okay."

Chloe walked into the library with Charlotte and Max. "Emmy?"

Mr Carter stood with Emily's underwear in his hand. Max ran for him and started to punch him hard. Chloe held Emily. Tom dragged Max off Mr Carter. Charlotte phoned the police.

Chloe and Max took Emily to the office. Charlotte and Tom sat with Mr Carter. The police came in and arrested him.
"He's changed his name. He's had several cases of sexual assault on young children," the police officer said.
Charlotte was shocked. "Poor Emily," Charlotte mumbled. Tom held her close.
"She'll be fine honey, I promise."

Emily was confused. "Why is everyone acting like that? What has Mr Carter done wrong?" Emily asked. Chloe realised that Emily had no idea what had happened.

Mr Carter had been taken down to the police station. Charlotte went to see Emily. "How are things?"
Emily looked up. "I don't understand what's happened, why has Mr Carter been taken away?" Emily asked.
"Honey, you were underage," Charlotte said. Emily cried.
"Do you all hate me?" Emily asked.
"No honey," Chloe said.

They brought Emily back home and she fell asleep. Chloe and Charlotte put her to bed and cuddled on the sofa. "This is going to mess her head up," Chloe mumbled. Charlotte sighed.
"We'll all get her through this. She'll be fine."
"What if he didn't use a condom? She's eleven! I don't want her pregnant," Chloe said. She had no idea Emily was listening.

Emily ran upstairs and she cried. She didn't understand what had happened still. She didn't want a baby like her mummy.

Max returned home with Tom and the other kids. Aubree and Taitlyn had been told what had happened. "Where's Emily?" Aubree asked.
"She's in bed."
Aubree went upstairs and saw Emily crying. Aubree noticed Emily had threw up.
"What's wrong honey?" Aubree asked.
"Mummy thinks I'm pregnant," Emily cried.

Aubree took Emily to the bathroom and found a pregnancy test. She got Emily to take it and found it was negative.
"Did he put his sausage in you?" Aubree asked.
"No. He just got me to make him feel good by stroking it and licking it. Then he played with me," Emily said. Aubree held her sister. This was hurting her so much. She felt it was her fault for not protecting her.

"Look at me sweetie. I promise I'm never going to let anything or anyone hurt you," Aubree said. Emily smiled and she cuddled into Aubree.
"Will daddy hate me?" Emily asked. Aubree shook her head.
"No honey."

Chloe and Charlotte were cuddled up while Max and Tom sat in the kitchen. The door knocked and Chloe went to answer it. It was the police. "Are you the mother of Emily-Rose Tyler?"
"Yeah."
"Can we talk?"
Chloe nodded and invited them in. "Mr Richard Carter was released due to not enough evidence."
"But he raped my daughter!" Chloe yelled.
"I know he did. So we need to do tests on your daughter tomorrow," the officer said. Chloe nodded.

They put all the kids to bed and Tom and Max let Chloe and Charlotte sleep together.
"Emily will be fine. She's like her mummy. A fighter," Charlotte said. Chloe smiled and cuddled into Charlotte before the both of them fell asleep.

*the next morning*
Chloe hadn't slept. Around 2am she woke and went into Emily's room. She saw her little girl fast asleep.

Charlotte came downstairs and saw Chloe sitting awake. "How is she?"
"Sleeping. I'm shocked though," Chloe mumbled. Charlotte cuddled up with Chloe.
"Mummy?"

Chloe looked up to see Emily. "Hey you, come here."
Emily ran over and she climbed under the blanket with her mum and Charlotte.
"Did I do something wrong yesterday? Everyone was yelling when the police were here," Emily asked.
"They're just helping you baby," Chloe said. Emily nodded.

That morning after breakfast Chloe and Charlotte took Aubree, Taitlyn and Emily to the shops. Aubree and Taitlyn went to the bathroom. Emily went into a cubicle but someone came in behind her and locked the door.... It was Mr Carter.
"Hello there Emily."
"What can I do for you?" Emily asked. Mr Carter smiled.
"We never got together last night. I think we should now," he said.
"I don't want to."
"Well I'm not giving you a choice!"

Aubree and Taitlyn came out. "Where's Emmy?" Charlotte asked. Aubree shrugged.
"We thought she'd be out here," Aubree said.

They went back in. They saw Mr Carter raping Emily. Emily was crying. Chloe pulled Mr Carter away. She beat him so much that he became unconscious.
"I want to be normal!" Emily screamed. She cried.

In that moment, everyone felt their hearts breaking for Emily.