Chapter Three

It was the day after Chloe and Max had seen each other for the first time since Scotland. Rachel was due to be bringing Aubree, Isla and Emily back soon. Chloe wanted to tell Aubree and Isla that Max was back but she was scared on how he would react over not being told about Emily.

Charlotte was over at Chloe's with her. "Do I tell him about Emily or not?" Chloe asked. She was pacing.

"Wait until you get a stronger relationship," Charlotte said. Chloe nodded.

Rachel dropped off the kids and looked at Charlotte. "There's people here at your house," Rachel said.

"Why?" Charlotte asked.

"They're looking for Jacob back," Rachel said. Charlotte ran across the street to her house.

Chloe was feeding Emily when the doorbell rang. She sighed and carried Emily with her to the door. When she opened the door, Max was there. Chloe became speechless.

"M-Max?" Chloe asked. Max was shocked to see Chloe holding a baby.

"Who's daughter is she?" Max asked. Chloe didn't know what to say.

"Daddy?" Chloe heard Isla say. Max smiled as Isla came running over. "I missed you daddy!" Isla said. Max puck Isla up and held her close.

"Bee crying mummy," Isla said.

Chloe sighed and walked into the living room to Aubree. Aubree saw Max and stopped crying. She ran over and held him tightly.

"Daddy, isn't sissy lovely?" Aubree asked and pointed to Emily.

"Kids, go play. I need to have a talk with daddy," Chloe said. They nodded and ran off to play.

Max began to cry with happiness and Chloe smiled. She handed Emily over to Max.

Charlotte was unfortunately crying tears of sadness.

"You can't have him back," Charlotte said.

"We can, he's our child," the mother said. Charlotte didn't know what to do. She ran upstairs and locked herself in the bathroom.

"I don't want to leave with you. My mummy and my daddy and my little sisters and brothers here," Jacob said. His mum rolled her eyes

"Tough. You have a little sister with us. Her name is Alexa," Jacob's mum said. Jacob shook his head.

"NO!" He yelled.

Rachel was heading over to Chloe's to see how she was. When she got there she was shocked to see Max's car there. Immediatley panicking she rushed in to see him holding Emily.

Charlotte had taken a pile of pills and cut her wrists. She knew it was wrong but she didn't want to live without one of her children. She felt weak and eventually collapsed on the floor.

"Get away from her!" Rachel yelled.

"Mum no!" Chloe said. Rachel went over to Max. Max handed Emily over and told Rachel to do whatever she wanted with him. Rachel slapped him. But she stopped when she noticed the cuts on his wrists.

"What did you do?" Chloe asked. Max left the house. "Max!" Chloe yelled. Chloe took Emily from her mum and went outside to see Max driving off.

"Daddy?" Isla asked. Chloe turned to see Isla and Aubree standing there crying. "Where's my daddy gone?" Isla asked again. Chloe glared at her mum

"I hope you're happy! You've ruined everything!" Chloe yelled. Rachel rolled her eyes

"He hit you Chloe! How can you forgive that?!" Rachel said. Chloe scoffed and went back into the house with her girls. Rachel followed.