Ella's POV

I pretty much say on that bench all day. It was really weird being there without Blake to talk to. A book can be your best friend up until you meet a great guy named Blake. I say there for about an hour until they called us for swim lessons which happened to be my least favorite time of the day. I grabbed my towel and goggles and went up to the pool house. I hated going in there because the floor wasn't very clean and they always forced us to shower. And after lessons they make us put our dry clothes over our bathing suit. The problem with that is that my clothes get dry when I sit out in the sun and then we have free swim and everything gets all wet again. It has I logic to it. 

                   I walked through the pool house as fast as I could to get outside. I stood on the grassy ground( that has very little grass that is alive) and waited for them to tell us to get into the pool. I was alone in my lesson group because well one , I don't have any friends right at the moment and two all my "friends" are either skipping out on lessons or are in the level above. Like Clarie who is on the swim team for the town. Minus the book, it's pretty much been my day. Alone with no friends to hang out with. I swam for the thirty minutes that we have I be in the freezing cold pool and nearly froze when I came out for diving practice. We all had lined up for the diving platform where all the level D's were watching us. I suck at driving and I look like I'm doing a belly flop. But my instructor decided to change it up. We were doing a competition on who can do the best belly flop and the best dive. I was one of the last ones up in the line. First up was belly flops.

                   The people in front of me went until it was my turn. I got ready and I just flopped like a starfish. It made a big splash, but I only got rated a 7.5. Then came the diving portion. They made me be one of the first ones up. Great, more shame. I stood there and attempted to get into diving position. I got ready to dive and FLOP right into the ten-foot deep water. I got out and the coach pulled me aside. 

                   "Ella, that was a 10 out of 10 belly flop, but we were diving." 

                   I was confused what he meant, but I managed to say "sir, I was diving, that is how I dive." 

                  "Oh, well for dive that is a zero but for belly flop that is a ten" 

                 Great! Way to make my day even better! Not! That should not be said by my swim coach who is supposed to be supportive of all of his students.  I walked away after that and went back into the pool house. I pulled my jean shorts over my bathing suit (even though I hate to do it) and put my flip flops on. While coming out, my phone started to buzz. I had gotten a text from Blake.

                "Hey Ella, Hope you're good at camp. Beach is great. I'll text you later." 

                I responded "okay" and went on out to the park for lunch. I had my same lunch that I have on camp days. A ham and cheese sandwich, chips of some kind, a cheese stick, and some watermelon and grapes. I ate my lunch quietly and read my book. Normally I would talk to Blake but obviously, he's not here so I can talk to him. When will this day ever end!!