Ella's POV

I am coming up our long street toward Matt's house. I was thinking about that boy that Matt wanted me to meet. Is he cute? Would him and I get along? Does he have things in common with me? Those thoughts were filling my head like crazy. We were outside Matt's house and he came running out to beat the traffic that was on our bust street. He finally made it across after waiting for three minutes. 

            "Hey Matt, so about this boy that you want me to meet..." I paused for a second thinking about what to say. "Is he nice?"

         "You bet he is. You two are going to get along just fine. I hope..." 

   By the time we finished talking we were at the doors of the school where camp was being held. I actually started to feel like we were at school again. We opened the school and a gust of cool air rushed on our faces. 

            "Hey guys, why can't they have the air conditioning on when we are actually IN school!" Clarie said.

           That comment made Matt and I start to laugh like crazy because we both knew that it was true. From April to June we would hear our teachers complain that the seventh grade wing was like a sauna. But on the last day of school when everyone is leaving they decided to turn it on finally. The school board can be so dumb sometimes. 

           We went inside and registered with the people in charge. Because we were so late people were already getting ready to go outside for morning game. Today's game was capture the flag. I hate playing capture the flag because of something that happened at camp last year. Anyway, I got in line and we went outside. 

              Matt soon called me over to a small group of people that he was clustered with.  Maybe this is the time that I will meet the boy that Matt has been blabbing about. And my prediction was right. Matt said.....

       "Ella this is Blake, he's my boyfriend."

He was pointing to the boy that he was sitting next to him with sandy blonde hair, blue eyes, and he was smiling at me. 

        "Hi, I'm Blake..." He paused for a second and said "Are you a lesbian?"

         I wondered why he said that because I am straighter that straight can be. 

"Why would you think that?" I asked with concern and a touch of anger.  

"Well you look like a lesbian to me." 

I was really mad to hear that so I took some of the freshly mowed grass and threw it right in his head. It looked like a cherry on top of an ice cream sundae. I could tell Blake really cared about his hair because he started to brush it off right as it touched him. 

"Don't ever do that again!" he said looking at me with a look of ice. "My hair takes thirty minutes to get this perfect and I prefer not to have all my hard work go down the drain!"

Matt looked at me with a sad look like he was ashamed of me doing what I had done to Blake. he went up to Blake and started to help him get all the grass out of his "perfect" hair. But he showed absolutely no concern for me and what caused me to have an anger outburst. Instead he went up to me and he said

"Ella, I thought that you were going to get along with Blake, this is really important to me and you just ruined it! I hate you!" Then he started to storm off. 

           Blake was still sitting there and he did that smile that said sorry in a sarcastic way. I gave him an evil look and walked away. Man that was the worst meeting of all.  I hope Blake is satisfied with what he did because he might have just costed me my best friend.