Parker checked the watch on his wrist and grimaced. "Eleven. I think I'm going to get fired. I should have been at work two hours ago." He made no move to get off the couch, though. Eden frowned and nudged his hand with her foot.

"Then you should go, Parker."

"Eden," he sighed. "It doesn't really matter if I'm late anymore. Fisher's already got me demoted. I've been dropped from my own case, so now I can't even keep tabs on what the police have on me. I can go back to my backup job."

"Which was what?"

"I worked at the shooting rage you tried to go to."

Eden could see Parker working there. The man behind the counter had been friendly with Parker, and it made sense that he had worked there. "Speaking of shooting, are you ever going to teach me how to do that anytime soon?"

Parker glanced over at her. "Yeah."

Her eyebrows rose. "Seriously?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "I'd like to teach you how to shoot. I can already see you outshooting me."

"Screw dinner, take me to the range." She didn't mean it. She wanted to have dinner with him, wanted to go on a date with him. But she was nervous, regardless of the voice in her head telling her Parker would never hurt her. Men always had motives, and she wasn't sure if Parker's were innocent.

A crease formed between his eyebrows. "I'm taking you to dinner, Eden," Parker said softly.

A small smile graced her lips. "Okay."

As soon as Parker pulled into her driveway he scowled. "I'm coming in with you." It wasn't a request, and he was already halfway to her house when she got out of the car.

Eden eyed the truck outside her house warily, but then followed Parker up to her door. He was seething, a side of himself he only showed when he had the protection of his mask and nightfall. She was alarmed, but she did as he asked and open the door slowly. Muffled voices filtered from the kitchen and into the living room. She couldn't exactly hear the wheezy words being spoken by her father and his companion with how heavy Parker was breathing in her ear, but by the look on his face she could tell he was catching ever word.

"Selling... fucked... slut..." Eden listened harder, pressing her body firmer into the wooden frame. "...you'd get a nice profit off her..."

Parker threw the door open and barely steadied Eden as he pushed into the house. His eyes were alight with anger; all he was missing was the mask and the leather. "Take me to your room," he said loudly.

"I—okay." Her eyes darted around her house. Her father and Fisher came out of the kitchen then, blocking her path up the stairs and to her room.

Fisher undressed her with his eyes, a wolfish grin plaster on his face. "Hey, Candy."

The combination of his husky voice and gaze made her skin crawl.

Parker pulled Eden behind him, his back straight and protective. "Call her that again, Fisher, I dare you."

Fisher's eyes glanced to Parker. "Shouldn't you be working?"

"Shouldn't you?" Parker retorted. He had a death grip on Eden's wrist.

Fisher's hungry eyes locked onto Eden's. "I am." Eden swallowed. Fisher glanced behind his shoulder, "Call me when you've made your decision, Chad." Fisher's shoulder rammed Parker's as he passed. Parker's jaw tightened.

The door slammed and Chad looked Parker up and down with disgust. "You're not welcome here, pig."

And to Eden's horror, Parker walked right up to her dad, grabbed a fistful of his shirt and growled something in his ear that left Chad sputtering. Parker released his grip and shoved Chad back against the wall. "Come on, Eden."