»Thrêe«

This chapter is dedicated to FallOutSprinkles for always being active on my stories cx thank you so fucking much, it means a lot <3

➖➖➖➖➖

I walked into the diner, my hands shaking with nerves and excitement as I looked around the room. As my eyes landed on Patrick in the corner a smile crossed my face. I walked over to him before sliding into the booth across from him, making him look up from his phone. "Oh, hello." He smiled.

"Hi." I chuckled awkwardly, tapping my fingers on the table. "Thanks for meeting me." He said, putting his phone away. "I've uh, missed you all these years." He sighed, looking at my face. "Really? I honestly thought you'd kind of hate me." I said, causing Patrick to shake his head. "I loved you, it's hard to stop." He mumbled quietly.

"After I got out of prison I was mad at you, you never tried to make contact. And you moved out of state so I couldn't even send you letters." He sighed again. "I moved back about the time you got out of jail, I'm surprised I never saw you." I replied. "After a few months I couldn't stand all the looks and comments I got from the people around me so I moved to L.A.

"While I was there I met a girl named Elisa, and after a few years we got married, then we moved back here." It felt like someone had stabbed me in the heart as married escaped his lips. I glanced at his hands that were folded on the table, just the sight of that damn ring made me want to scream for hours. "Oh, wow." I whispered, looking down at the table.

"What about you?" He asked, a hint of guilt in his voice. Mikey suddenly popped into my mind. Every time I was with Patrick he slipped my mind, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. "Oh uh, I'm engaged." I said, looking back up at Patrick. His face was blank as he stared at the table before slowly nodding. "To who?"

"Mikey." I said. When I was still in high school Patrick had seen me around with him a few times, he once even gave him a ride home. "Oh." Was all Patrick said before we were left in an uncomfortable silence. But it was short lived as a woman walked over to us, two menus in her hands. "Sorry for the wait, I was in the back helping out. We don't have many workers here." She apologized as she handed each of us a menu.

"It's okay," I smiled up at her. "Can I start y'all off with drinks?" She asked, pulling out a tiny notepad and pen. "Yeah, two chocolate milks please." Patrick said, glancing up at me. "Alright, I'll be right back with those." The waitress said before walking off. "You remembered." I said, turning back to Patrick with a raised eyebrow.

"How could I forget, it was practically the only thing you drank while we were together." He chuckle, an adorable smile crossing his face. I rolled my eyes but let out a laugh before looking down at my menu.

➖➖➖➖➖

As I walked into my apartment I was met with Frank loudly singing along to the tv as he made dinner. "Aye, Peter!" He yelled, pointing his spoon at me. "Frank!" I yelled back, pointing at him. "You and I need to have a talk sir." He said, grabbing the remote off of the counter to mute the tv. "About?" I asked, looking at him.

"At lunch I came back to the shop to get something to eat, and while I was there I bumped into Mikey." He said, causing my stomach to drop and eyes to widen. "And apparently you were supposed to be doing 'lots of work' so he brought you some food, but you weren't there." Frank looked up from the boiling water to stare at me.

"Now, I didn't grow up on a farm, but I know bull shit when I smell it. So where were you?" He asked. "What did you tell him?" I walked over and put my hands on the counter as I stated back at him. "I told him I sent you out to pick up some packages." Frank shrugged and looked back at the pot of water before pouring some macaroni noodles in.

"Thank you." I mumbled, letting out a sigh of relief. "So where were you." Frank repeated himself. "You can't tell anyone." I looked up at him, desperation clearly visible in my voice. "I promise." Frank nodded, except he was now suspicious as fuck. "Unless you killed someone, then I might have to tell the police." He laughed, making me roll my eyes.

"I was with uh, Patrick." I blurted out. Frank looked at me, his jaw going slack. "You mean the one that's eleven years older than you and got arrested for fucking you?" He asked. I nodded. "Holy fuck Pete, are you sure that this is a good idea?" I shook my head. "No. But it just feels good to be near him again, even if it's just a friendship."

"Are you sure it's just a friendship?" He asked, eyeing me. "Yes." I said, nodding my head. "Okay, just be careful it's nothing more. I've seen you look at those pictures of him on your phone." Frank said as he lowered the heat on the stove. "That's the thing," I sighed and sat down on the chair next to the counter. "I think I- I might still love him." As the words left my mouth I felt like shit, I'm engaged and I love someone else.

"But I still love Mikey," I quickly added, causing Frank to let out a sigh. "What are you going to do? You can't have both of them." He said. I just shrugged. "I only want one, but I don't know who. Mikey is perfect in every single way. He's always there for me, always has been. And if I lose him then our friend group will be all fucked up.

"But Patrick; he was the first person I ever loved. He always made me feel special and loved, and he still does after ten years. I thought I'd end up with him, but we both moved on but it feels like there's still a chance." I ran my hands through my hair, tugging harshly. "I don't know what to say man, this is so fucked up." Frank said, I looked up at him and nodded. "I know."

"Well, dinners almost ready." Frank said, thankfully changing the subject. I watched as he got out out the things to make Mac & Cheese. "I'm gonna go change." I mumbled and got up, making my way to my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and let out a loud groan. I got a pair of gym shorts and pulled them on after taking off my pants. I took off my sweater and threw it into my laundry basket, the cool air of my room hitting me instantly.

After standing in silence for a couple minutes I walked back to the kitchen where Frank was filling up two bowls with the noodles. "Here." He said, handing me one before he grabbed a fork and walked past me to the living room. I did the same, sitting down next to him as he injured the tv and changed the channel. "Biiitch, they're playing all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies." He practically squealed as he turned them on.

As the infamous theme song started playing Frank dramatically hummed along, moving his spoon to the rhythm. I watched in amusement as he got so into it that the spoon flew out of his hand and hit the floor, a loud clatter echoing around the room. "Ah fuck," he muttered as I burst out laughing. As Frank got up to get the spoon he started laughing as well. "That's the fourth time this week." He laughed as he walked into the kitchen.

➖➖➖➖➖
Author's Note:

So we're off to a slow start ://

But soon shit will get real ;))

Question of the Chapter:
What's your favourite book? Whether it be on wattpad or a physical book.

Answer of the Chapter:
Mine is 'before i fall' by Lauren Oliver and 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' by Lemony Snicket. ALSO 'Shutter Island' BY DENNIS LEHANNE BC THAT SHIT IS LIT

Thank you for reading c: <3