"Just get to the point, redhead!" Dani groaned. Louis shot her a disapproving glare but continued. "As I was saying before i was rudely interrupted, all the students introduced themselves and among them was a new girl from Manchester," Lou told us dreamily.  

Dani had an excited gleam in her eye. "Who is she? What's her name? Did you ask her out? Do you-"

"Whoa, whoa! Hold your horses Danielle! Her name is Eleanor. She is really shy in a cute way and boy can she act!" Louis still had the dreamy look on his face.

"D'aww Boo Bear has a crush on the new girl!" I cooed, pinching his cheeks. He swatted my hand away but didn't say anything, just smirked. I noticed that Niall had a sad look on his face and I felt really bad for him.

"Hey Niall?" He looked up.

"Yeah?"

"You said that you play the guitar, right?" He nodded.

"Can you teach me?" I asked, hoping to cheer him up. And cheer him up it did. He started talking avidly about his guitar and how he learned to play it. And it won't hurt me to learn some, I thought, seeing as I can sing not too badly and write my own songs sometimes.

Yes. That's another one of my secret. That only Louis and Dani know of.

~*~

"Aw come on Haz! You always do this! We also have a lot of homework! But we're not staying here!" Louis protested.

I sighed. "You know I have to— no I need to, get a good grade and I can't goof off like last year. I promise we'll all go to the mall again on Saturday."

Louis unwillingly nodded. "I understand where you're coming from. See you tomorrow, mate."

"Bye Lou."

Classes were over and almost everyone had went home. Well, except for me and a few students, and of course the lacrosse team who was practicing in the field. I swear I can hear their Coach yelling all the way over here.

That's was another reason I was staying after school besides studying. Call me a masochist but I was hoping I could see Zayn. And you know what they say? Be careful what you wish for.

I was in the library, buried in my homework. I had to tell my friends again and again that I needed good grades. Going to a good college is fifty times more important for me than for any of them. Because I need to get a good job to support my mum. My dad— as much as I want to hate him, I can't. Because he sends me and mum money every month and I can't refuse because we need it.

I sighed, getting back to work. I wondered in mum was even home? Was she even safe?

"Hey you!" I heard the painfully familiar voice call out. I don't think he's talking to me. Please don't be talking to me, I chanted.

"Hey Curly! Didn't you hear me?" Zayn demanded, coming closer to the table with a scowl fixed on his handsome face. The librarian shot him a disapproving glare for yelling at me and making noise, but he pointedly ignored her and grabbed my arm, yanking me toward the bookshelfs, away from sight.

My arm was tingling where he was grabbing my arm and boy, am I whipped.

He roughly let go of my arm and fixed his glare on me. What did I do wrong? "You look different," he stated and cocked his head to the side adorably. I blinked in confusion.

"Um, I- I- I had a haircut?" It came out as a question instead.

He shook his head as if the sound of my voice snapped him out, and frustratedly ran his hands through his still wet hair from the shower. Swoon.

"Listen here nerd. The fucktard called our teacher gave us a lot of homework today and I have much better things to do then homework but obviously you don't." He made his point clearer by looking me up and down.

"So," he pulled a binder out of his bag and pretty much threw it in my arms. "I want all of this done by Wednesday."

"Bu- but I can't," I whimpered.  I had to do my own homework too! And I had some honors classes which meant double the work. But I always got A's and B's, not straight A's! Why did I always have to do Zayn and sometimes his friend's work?! 

"I won't," I protested quietly. I didn't look up to see if Zayn had heard me or not. I was too damn scared. Apparently he had, because he grabbed a fistful of my t-shirt and yanked me closer not so gently, which made the binder I was holding fly out of my arms.

"What did you just say?" he asked menacingly, in a low voice that sent tingles of fear down my spine. Our noses were almost touching, and would you call me crazy if I say that I wanted to kiss him right now?

When I didn't say anything, he roughly pushed me, and my back hit the bookshelf behind me. Ignoring the pain, I cautiously stood up straight and picked up the binder. All the while I could feel Zayn's penetrating glare on me.

"I want the work done. Or I'll do even worse than that. Don't think anything has changed you twat," he spat and giving me one last warning glare, turned on his heel and walked outside the library.

I ran a shaky hand through my hair, forcing the tears back. He was never this rough. He just used words. But now he was physically bullying me. Boy, was I wrong when I thought he had changed. If anything, he was even worse now.

And curse my stupid feelings! It just had to fall for Zayn Malik of all people.

But somewhere in my mind, I do believe there's a kind, honest and happy lad hidden inside the layers of contempt and secrets. And I guess that's the Zayn that I've fallen for, the one that's hidden from everyone's eyes but mine.

And I feel like it's my job to bring him back.

~*~

Omg thanks guys for all the votes! You're the bomb! Love you all! :D

**I'll be updating this story everyday or every other day 'cos it's the ony one I'm working on :)**

See that pesky vote button on the side? Pretty please hit it for me? With your mouse? :3

**Next update after 14 votes and 60 reads!**

Preview of the next chapter: Some Payzer moments ;) <3

~bemycupcake <3