Prologue

Author's Note: This book is now available as paperback and the last few chapters have been removed from wattpad. Kindly read at your own risk.

"Do I really have to come with you? I can stay alone," Anabya asked Furqaan, grumbling under her breath as she entered the car.

"You cannot let me waste such a precious match ticket! Do you not know how expensive these are?"

She carried her little nephew and sat him on her lap, resting her chin against his head and involuntarily smelling his hair, not really replying to her older brother.

"Honestly Furqaan, Anabya does not care how expensive they are, she'd rather stay away from a game she hates."

She smiled at Aamina as she heard her say that, silently thanking God for blessing her with such a wonderful sister in law.

"Now that's exaggeration, Aamy," Furqaan replied to his wife's earlier statement. "Bee doesn't hate cricket."

"Right. I abhor it. I despise it and will continue to do so till my last breath."

He rolled his eyes at that while Aamina grinned widely, and Anabya ignored the couple in the front seat and hugging her nephew, her teddy bear, she stared out of the window.

By the time they reached the stadium, her heart beat was in sync with the loud noise that filled the atmosphere.

Memories had a funny way of resurfacing your mind even if they were locked up deep down. A smell, a touch, a word, a feeling was enough to trigger the storehouse of moments lived and memories made.

And right now for Anabya, the loud cheers, the match jerseys and popcorn buckets triggered those emotions she was trying her best to avoid.

As she followed her brother and Bhabhi, she realised she couldn't take the final step that would lead them to the seats overlooking the ground, and thus she said, a bit breathless, "I need to go to the washroom, I'll be back in a few minutes."

"I'll come with you," Aamina offered but she had already turned her back to the couple.

"Thanks Bhab, but I'll manage," she replied hurriedly.

"Don't forget we'll be in the fourth row," were the last words she heard before nodding and sprintining out.

Too bad for her, her need to escape to a moment of solitude wasn't met when the minute she stepped out, her gaze collided with the one who had just entered.

Like always, even in the crowd, they managed to spot each other and for a second, it felt like there was no one but the two.

It was only for a moment, but that was soon lost when his soft eyes became almost challenging, masking the hurt that she had caused.

And that look, the reminder was enough to calm her throbbing heart.

She had a reason for her action, he had an explanation for his current behaviour.

The combination of both led to only one conclusion.

She was no longer broken by the previous guy, and sadly or gladly, he too wasn't bowled over by her.

And although that meant they were over their personal heart breaks, why did her heart still hurt so much?

Was it really mended, or did it shatter a little more?