Chapter 22

This story is copyrighted to bnstorymaker 2013 (me)

All rights reserved enjoy :)

*Mitri's PoV*

After our fight, my dad let me go when I cooled down and I sat in one of the lobby chairs huffing and puffing. He demanded that if I moved a muscle he would break something. Knowing my parents if they broke anything, they would make it slow and as painful as possible to get their point across.

A few moments later, Damien quickly stomped out of the room with shock on his face. He didn't stop to look at me or our dad so I knew our mom told him what was wrong with Claire and I've never seen him so upset...ever. I lowered my head.

By the way Damien reacted to the news my mom told him, I knew his emotions were real. He really loved her and really tried to change for her. This was my fault and I had to fix this, some way, somehow, but I made a promise to Claire.

I promised her that I would do my best to keep Damien from finding her. I ran my fingers through my hair. It seemed I had a choice to make, but which one would be the right one?

Should I tell everyone where Claire was headed or should I play dumb? I shook my head. Whichever choice I made someone was going to get hurt. If I chose to play dumb Damien would experience heartache all over again, even though he never healed from the whole "Crystal episode" and on the other hand, Claire and her baby would die alone.

This wasn't an easy choice but I knew what I had to do. I had to make this right. We had to find Claire no matter what, even if she would hate me for breaking the promise I made to her. Damien needed her more than anything.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when my mother burst into the lobby.

"He didn't take the news too well as you can see. What should we do? Damien said he needs time to think."

"I say we look for Claire. I know that Damien is upset, although, I don't think time slow down because of it. Claire is still running away whether he needs time to think or not so while he's pondering this whole situation we can be looking." My father explained.

"Mom, he's right, but I don't think Damien should spend too much time thinking. Time is the one thing Claire doesn't have."

"I know, but where do we even begin?"

"There's no need to begin anywhere because I know where she is headed and it's going to be a difficult trip."

My parents both looked at me in astonishment. My dad leaned back in his seat waiting to hear the answer. I sunk lower in the chair because I knew we were going to have a long talk about this.

"She's going to the Forbidden Town, but she doesn't look like herself. I disguised her so Damien wouldn't find her as easily. Her hair is short and blonde and her eyes are brown now."

*Matt PoV*

I just shook my head. No words could describe my anger. Mitri sent Claire to the one place in the whole world that vampires could not go?!

"Do you have any idea how far that place is?! It's a freaking two day trip! How do you expect us to find Claire, idiot?! No, here's a better question. How in the hell do you expect us to find her in a town that we can't even go in?!"

Mitri shrugged his shoulders, "I guess we'd better beat her to it."

I couldn't believe how nonchalantly Mitri said that, as if Claire's life wasn't in danger, as if he hadn't hurt his brother. I wanted to snap his neck just like I should have let his brother done before Susanna and I intervened.