Chapter 21: Part 1

This story is copyright to bnstorymaker 2013 (me)

all rights reserved enjoy :)

*Damien's PoV*

I arrived to her parent's prison in no time and when I walked through the front doors, the guards gave me a confused look, but still bowed their heads in respect. I walked down the dark corridor silently until my eyes flickered on a man and woman. I looked at them as they sat on the ground, unaware of my presence. Their clothes were torn and the smell was unspeakably awful. It were times like these when I wished I didn't have such a strong sense of smell.

I cleared my throat so Claire's parents could know that someone was there.

"Who's there? Is it time for lunch?" A gentle voice asked.

I signaled for a nearby guard to turn the lights on so they could see me. When a dim yellow light flooded into the room, they waited until their eyes adjusted to it before their eyes fell on me. Claire's dad, a short stocky man with dark hair approached the cast iron bars.

"King Damien?! Is Claire alright?! We are so sorry for hiding her! We had no choice! And-"

I held my hand up silencing him.

"Save your breathe Mr. Ferranti. I am not going to hurt you or your wife. Instead, I came to let you free. I just have to tell you something before I let you go."

Claire's mother quickly exploded into tears crying hysterically. She cupped her face in her hands as her mid-length blonde hair cascaded around her shoulders.

"Claire is dead isn't she?! Is that why you are letting us go?!"

Damn...everywhere I went just seemed to make situations worse. All I could say was that so much has happened over the past five months since I met Claire.

I told them everything. How I hurt Claire and how I later started to love her. I told them about the pain I caused her and how she ended up in the hospital because of it.

Telling them everything that happened ended in me pouring my heart out and reopening every wound I felt, although, it did ease a bit of my pain.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders when I confessed everything. I was finally enabling myself move on and live. I could finally forget about Crystal and put her in the distant past where she belonged...for good.

After I finished my lengthy explanation I glanced at their faces. They held so many emotions that I could not even read them all. I blew out one more audible breathe. There was just one more thing that had been flowing through my head since I fell in love with Claire.

"There just one more thing, Mr. and Mrs. Ferranti."

Both of her parents cocked their heads to the side. I clasped my hands together nervously.

"When Claire wakes up in the hospital I couldn't ask for anything more, but to marry her," I paused for a short moment, " I want to marry Claire. May I have your permission?"

"Are you serious?! Do you really think she'll marry you?! I don't give a shit if you are king. You'll never have my daughter, I won't let you!" Her mother yelled bitterly.

I didn't expect Claire to forgive me immediately, but the thought of losing her to another man made me cringe. She was my mate, my love, my life, and no one deserved her except for me.

On the other hand, I knew Claire's parents would never give me permission no matter how much I begged let alone, Claire accepting my proposal. I lowered my head in defeat accepting my harsh reality. I was destined to be alone.