Chapter 17

This story is copyright to bnstorymaker 2013 (me)

All rights reserved © :)

*Claire's PoV*

I shook in fear the whole way to Susanna's house. I was so scared. What was going to happen to me now? I knew that having Damien's parents take me away from him wouldn't solve anything because as soon as I went back to him Damien. would continue where he left off. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. My eyes stung too much when the salty tears dribbled down my cheeks. I felt so powerless against him, so weak and vulnerable. I was hopeless.

While Susanna was helping me out of the car, my legs gave out and I fell on the pavement scraping my knees. Ow.

"I feel really embarrassed. I'm sorry for putting you through so much trouble Mrs. Susanna."

"Don't be embarrassed about anything! If anyone should be embarrassed it should be Damien. And trust me, you are no trouble at all. You already feel like family." She smiled.

How could Damien be the product of his parents? They were so nice and full of emotion while Damien lacked feeling anything. I just lowered my head. No matter what Susanna said I was still embarrassed. I lied to them about everything, yet they were still protecting me. Most people in the throne room probably would have turned their heads and looked away if they were I, but Damien's parents hadn't.

I shrugged my shoulders. I just had to notice that good people and bad people were in this world, in the most unexpected ways. Sometimes those who seemed nice were the devil himself while others who seemed dangerous were as sweet as cotton candy.

"I'm really sorry Mrs. Susanna. As much as I would like it, you can't keep me from him forever. He will be furious with me regardless.

"I know, Claire. Trust me Damien is really a wreck and it's Crystal's fault. I mean he's always been secretive when he was younger, but he was always sweet. Now he is just some empty shell that looks like my son but isn't. When I saw you with him, I actually thought he changed." She explained while leading me to the house.

"You can't change a monster. A monster has to change on their own. So what did this Crystal girl do to him to make him so evil?"

I had a bad feeling about this Crystal lady. She didn't seem too great by the way everyone said her name as if it was a curse. If she could make Damien the man he was now, what could she do to me if I ever crossed paths with her. Just who was she?

Susanna hadn't answered me right away. She just walked to the front door of the house where two armed statues stood.

They were dressed in all black armor from head to toe and I thought they were statues until they suddenly moved.

"Who are they?" I mumbled after my initial fright from their sudden movements passed.

"My guards. They protect me and my husband since we are still of Royal status. They work for Matt and I. Don't worry they aren't slaves, but servants. We take good care of them and pay for their services."

I didn't respond. I trusted Susanna and Matt. They wouldn't hurt a fly...unless it's name was Damien.

When we got inside the house it was beautiful! The dark wooden floor was cold against my bare feet when I kicked my heels off which enabled me to have more balance. The walls were painted bright blues and purples with old family photos plastered on them. The house felt like home. It wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small. It was perfect just like the people who occupied it.

Susanna grabbed my hand and tugged me toward the left side of the house. We arrived to the living room that had two large sofas, a fireplace, and a television inside. On one of the sofas, I saw Mitri and the others sitting down waving at me. I ran from Susanna's grasp and jumped into Mitri's lap.