Chapter 21: Part 2

THIS STORY IS COPYRIGHT TO BNSTORYMAKER 2013 (me)

All rights reserved © enjoy :)

*Mitri's PoV*

We all stood there gasping in shock at the doctor as if he spoke another language and I was at a loss of words.

'When the hell did Claire get pregnant?! Does she know?! And cancer, out of all things, she has cancer?!'

I crinkled my nose distastefully...this was Damien's doing once again. Is that why he was trying to be so protective and loving to her? If he knew she was pregnant then why would he hit her?!

The whole idea was repulsive to me. I couldn't believe that Damien would force her into sex. He was selfish and now she was out there somewhere sick, scared, alone and pregnant.

I mentally slapped myself. I really messed up and this was my fault. If only I knew that she was sick and pregnant then I would have never let her escape. I did know one thing, though. Damien was going to kick my ass when he found out what I've done.

I turned to look at my mother and she was shaking her head at me dissappointedly. She crossed her arms looking at the doctor when she finally broke the long, awkward silence.

"How long has Claire been pregnant?"

Dr. Geoff leaned against the chipped, wooden door frame.

"I'd say about three months. She'll be showing soon."

"What about her...cancer?" My father said clearing his throat angrily.

I knew his anger was directed at me.

"Well she had it for a bit...about a month and a half. She needs to come back as soon as possible to receive therapy. She's in critical condition and I don't know if the therapy will save her. She only has two months to live, if she has that long, with the treatment."

My eyes instantly locked onto the doctor's grim face. Claire was going to die?!

But she couldn't! Claire was so young and she had so much to experience and live for, but she was never going to have the chance. She wouldn't have the chance to get married, have children, and be loved like she deserved to be.

Instead she had spent her life in her house until she was taken as a slave and if you asked me, her life sounded miserable.

Now that I think about everything Damien had done to her it made me hate him more. An image of Claire's bruises and cuts came to my mind and it pissed me off. Damien treated her like shit while she was struggling to stay alive and seem normal. Instead she was draining her energy trying to keep my brother satisfied.

I couldn't believe the secrets that she kept from my parents and I when we were the nice vampires who would support and protect her. We cared for her because she was a part of our family and we were meant to protect family.

Unfortunately, I thought I was protecting her when I suggested she should escape. Instead, I put her in more danger when I thought her only danger was Damien. How wrong had I been?! I quickly ran my fingers through my hair. Dammit, we were going to have to find her.

"Only two months?!" Both of my parents exclaimed.

As soon as those words were muttered Damien pushed the doctor out of they way and came straight for me.

*Damien's PoV*

Once I entered the room my eyes immediately fell onto Mitri. Nothing or no one else mattered at the moment.

"You son of a bitch! I know you had something to do with Claire escaping! Why would you make her run away when you knew I loved her?!"

I drove my fist back and slammed it directly into his face before he could answer. I watched as he jaw hung loosely from his mouth. Mitri quickly broke it back in place when I approached him and I punched him again. He hissed in pain after I punched him and tackled him to the ground.