"Little Eden's gone all shy and timid on me," he chuckled, continuing to tease me.

Suddenly, the atmosphere in the kitchen changed. Asher suddenly stopped laughing, causing me to halt my actions as I listened carefully. That's when I heard his small intake of breath, causing me to promptly shut my eyes as he muttered something I wished to not hear.

"Woah."

I could feel my hands begin to tremble as I fought harder against my wolf, but once I finally gave her that control over me after all this time, she only proved to be more resilient. I heard his chair scrape against the floor, and for once, I had no idea what was to happen next.

I've heard of male wolves being attracted to the... arousal, of unmated females, but they never speak of what happens after -

A growl broke the silence in the kitchen, and oh how I wished this already embarrassing moment would just end without any more embarrassment on my behalf, but it didn't seem like luck was on my side today.

"Asher, go," Riker growled at him again. I didn't even have to look to see Asher leaving the kitchen as his alpha ordered him to do so, leaving me all alone with him.

I'm not going to lie; I'm scared. Being alone with a raging alpha when my hormones are going crazy due to my wolf's inability to control herself at the thought of her mate is a situation I did not wish to find myself in ever, and if my self control is not at its best, who knows how well Riker's will be.

I didn't want to find out or test him.

I thought it would be best if I stayed still, unmoving, but my stupid wolf couldn't even control herself that much as with the sound of his heavy breathing, my wolf made my hands jerk, causing the bowl to clatter into the sink with such a loud noise I knew his eyes were on me now.

It didn't take him long to approach me, his body settling behind mine so his body heat was now scorching my already hot skin. His large hands gripped the counter right beside me, allowing his massive arms to prevent me from moving, or trying to escape. I was trapped with him.

"The thing is," his voice broke the silence as it came out low and gravelly, sending a wave of shivers down my spine. It's a wonder how I haven't lost it yet as he continued to speak, "I have never seen, or smelled, you get so aroused by anything I've ever said or done before. Yet here you are, with my beta, and you're practically falling to pieces at something he said... or did."

With his close proximity I was finding it harder and harder to pay attention to his words, my wolf trying to take from me what little control I had left. If she got her way, she would make sure to prove his words wrong, but I wasn't going to let her have her way.

His hands suddenly released the counter as his fingertips now traced my burning arms, reaching higher and higher before trailing down my sides to my hips. "What did he do, Eden?"

"H-He didn't do anything," I stuttered horribly, trying to ignore my wolf's incessant chanting in my head.