"I couldn't help myself....." Numra panted as Dr. August wrapped his arm around her, cradling her close as he placed his fingers in her destroyed hair. "I just.....wanted it."

"That's probably all you needed." Dr. August laughed, still breathing heavy like she was. "Good sex."

"So tell me, Dr. August." Numra smiled, rolling her R's again. "What do you different to me than you do to all of your patients?"

Dr. August looked down at Numra as she looked up and smiled at him.

"I don't "make love" to my clients." Dr. August sighed. "As corny as it sounds."

"That's it?" Numra giggled.

"Also, I use a condom with my clients. I don't use a condom with you." Dr. August said in a low and cheerful tone. "I don't use condoms with women I wouldn't mind getting pregnant."

"Now that's that stretchable rubber like thingy, right?" Numra said in a dazed tone, looking up at him.

"Yes, goofball." Dr. August chuckled, laughing at how foreign she was.

"Oh." Numra laughed in a low tone as she laid back on his chest and sighed. "Okay."

Both Dr. August and Numra locked fingers on the middle of his stomach. They both let out long sighs from their long night and prepared to fall asleep. However, there was something on Dr. August's mind.

"I've been meaning to ask you Numra, how was Christina as a baby?" Dr. August asked as he stroked her hair, looking down at their locked fingered hands. "I'm so used to seeing the 9 year old version of her that......I wonder how she was as a child."

"Oh I have pictures in my purse." Numra smiled as she lifted up. "Did you want to see?"

"Of course!" Dr. August smiled.

As Numra lifted up and dug in her purse, Dr. August's phone rang on silent. It was Jayla. He thought of how hurt Christina was because he was still talking to her, so he became smart and hit the 'ignore' button. He set his phone aside and looked at Numra as she pulled out a handful of pictures. The first was a picture of her in the hospital, holding Christina.

"There's me. 6 months later." Numra smiled as she laid back on his chest. "I was in labor for 17 hours."

"Wait, I thought that a woman stays pregnant for 9 months?" Dr. August asked.

"Well, the doctors said that I was too narrow in my hips. Since I was so young." Numra sighed. "They said that I wasn't large enough to give birth to a regular sized baby, so I had to give birth to her at the 7th month stage."

"Oh." Dr. August sighed.

He looked at Numra and realized that the woman he thought that he'd never see again was right next to him. He kissed her on her forehead and watched as her face flush.

"I was only 15 when I had her." Numra said in disbelief. "I was a baby having a baby."

"Yeah." Dr. August sighed. "I gotta talk to Christina about that when the time is right."

"I was so scared. Not to mention that it was the worst pain in my life." Numra said as she shook her head. "But it was all worth it. Christina was worth it. Worth more."

"Damn." Dr. August sighed. "I'll never get to think about her childhood years........I wasn't even there."

"Don't worry." Numra smiled. "I have pictures for you to keep!"

Numra flipped to the next picture and showed him a photo of Christina when she was 8 months old, placing her foot in her mouth while she sat naked in her baby bath tub.

"Aww." Dr. August said as he took the picture and smiled. "Look at her!"

"Here's one from her 2nd birthday." Numra said as she took another one from the pile.

Here, showed a photo of Christina and her eldest aunts and uncles at a local park filled with balloons and kids. Also in the picture, was Numra and Roberto. Numra was 17, and Roberto was 20.

"I can't stand Roberto, but he's a great stepdad." Numra nodded. "He always made sure that Christina had fun."

"Yeah...." Dr. August groaned, rolling his eyes.

Numra and Dr. August continued to look at pictures of Christina, giving Dr. August a reminder of what he missed out on in Christina's childhood. He was happy to see smaller pictures of her, but he was hurt because he would never be able to experience these as a father.

The next day, Dr. August dropped Christina off at school. It was on a Thursday. Usually, Christina would hate coming to school because she didn't have a lot of friends. But not today. She was happy to see James because he was the closest friend she had there. Since she left her lunch at home, James shared his large cherry pie along with his two subway sandwhiches and pop with her as well. Both were laughing at the jokes they were cracking along from what happened last night.

"And my mom was like "we're gonna wake Christina!" and she made this shouting noise!" Christina laughed as James laughed harder.

"Oh my gosh!" James snorted as he coughed on his subway sandwhich. "Parents are so gross!"

"Yeah!" Christina laughed. "They'll put on a show but they think that we don't know. Trust me, we know!"

While Christina finished off her laughter by biting into her subway sandwhich, James stared at her for a while. He finished chewing on his large piece of pie, then reached inside of his bag.

"I got you something." James said in a shy tone.

When James handed her a small black box, Christina opened it and glanced at what was inside. It was a necklace with the letter "C" on it. She opened her mouth and covered it up, glancing at what he gave her.

"Is this..........a necklace?" Christina gasped.

"Yeah. Heh heh. Just something to thank you for being my friend even though i've only known you for three days." James said with his heavy lisp. "It's real gold, too! You can try to burn it and check. It won't change colors or anything like that."

"Aww." Christina smiled as she hugged him. "Thanks, James! You're a good friend, too."

Right when James was about to ask her something, two of the three girls walked over to her. It was Maya and Brooke. They stood there for a while, then decided to speak to her.

"So are you coming to sit with us like you said yesterday, Christina?" Brooke asked as she looked down at her.

"Sure." Christina nodded as she stood up and held her hand out to James. "Come on, James. Lets g-"

"Unh unh unh." Maya said as she placed her hand out in front of James. "This table isn't for "losers". This is for Christina and Christina only."

"But.......I wanted him to-"

"No no, it's fine." James lied as he looked at Christina. "Lunch is almost over, anyway. You can just........eat with them."

"Okay." Christina said in a hurt tone. "I'll see you in class. Bye!"

"Bye." James smiled.

Christina felt so bad for leaving James out. When she walked with the girls to the table, she seen a whole bunch of kids playing and throwing the food into the air. They were completely obnoxious. However, she seemed safe because she was sitting with some well known girls. When she sat down, she looked over at James and seen him eating his food alone. She looked away quickly so that she wouldn't feel as guilty.

"Welcome to the table, Christina." Abby smiled. "As girls, we've got to stick together."