Chapter Twenty Four: Confessions

Start from the beginning

"I told you. I want to meet his family," she responded.

I groaned once again. Great.

***

I was wearing my knee length pink shalwar kameez, paired with white pant things. I had my hair slightly curled, and put on dark red lips, and mascara.

I put my white and pink dabatta over my shoulders, and patiently waited for the guests to arrive.

The door bell suddenly rang, and my mom yelled at me to go answer it. I sighed heavily, and opened the door to be greeted by Sana's family.

"Assalamualaikum!" I greeted them, and Sana's mom pulled me into a giant bear hug.

"Waalaikumassalam, Nafisa Baji. Ap kasi hay?" Sana's mom said to me. She always joked around with me like that, calling me Baji, which means elder sister.

"I'm good," I replied, letting her family into my house.

I sent a giant smile to Sana, and she sent one back to me.

My mom came into view and sat down with Sana's mom in the living room. "Go take Sana into your room," she quickly said to me, and I nodded.

"Come on with me child," I said to Sana, going down the hallway.

"Oi who you calling a child?" She jokingly replied, causing us to burst into laughter.

We walked in to my boring bedroom. The walls were painted white, the furniture was black, and my bed sheet was white. It was pretty basic.

"So guess who's coming?" I said, as we got comfortable on my bed.

"Who?"

"Amir's uncle, AKA Garrett's dad," I sighed.

Sana's eyes widened. "Oh my goodness. I wanna see how he looks. I wonder if he looks like Garrett."

"Sana! Garrett's father is coming over. You know how weird that is?"

Sana shrugged. "I don't think it's that bad. I mean Garrett and his dad aren't that close, are they?"

"My mom wants to speak to his parents about what he is been up to."

Sana made a face. "Yikes. Okay, that's weird."

"Yeah, exactly," I said, rolling my eyes.

After a while, the door bell rang again. I gulped, turning to face Sana.

"What if-"

"Let's go see who it is," Sana said, with a mischievous look.

She got up and walked towards the living room, and I followed. My eyes instantly locked with Amerah, Garrett's dad's daughter.

She walked towards me and looked up. "You're that boys friend!" She exclaimed, pointing at my face.

I turned to Sana, turning bright red. She spoke so loudly.

When I didn't answer her, Amerah turned to Sana. "Are you sisters?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No, no," I replied.