Chapter Eighteen: You Say It like It's a Bad Thing

"To find the x intercept, you have to write y equals to zero," I explained, writing what I said onto Garrett's notebook.

"Why?" Garrett groaned. "Doesn't it make more sense to do the opposite?"

I sighed heavily. "Listen to me. You have to find the x, and if you put a zero as the x, the x's will be gone. How will we find the x intercept then?"

It was Saturday morning, and I was here at Garrett's house, doing math with him. I had to get back home in a few hours to Sana since she wanted to me to accompany here when she goes to her cousins party or whatever.

"I'm hungry. Do you want anything?" He declared, standing up, pushing his math work to the ground.

I watched his math work tumble to the ground, and I swear it felt like half of my heart fell down with it.

He stared at me with one eyebrow raised. I just shook my head in response. "No, no it's fine."

He shrugged. "Suit yourself," he replied, walking into his small kitchen.

Garrett's house wasn't really big. He actually did live in a basement, with his mom. But it was cozy and decorated nicely.

I began writing problems on Garrett's notebook so he could solve, but I smelled a strong coffee scent.

I immediately brought my head up, and walked to the kitchen. "You're making coffee?" I asked.

He nodded his head, grabbing a bunch of Miss Vickie's chips and stuffing it into his mouth.

I watched his coffee, in jealousy. "Can I make coffee too?"

"You drink coffee?" He asked, scutching his eyebrows together.

I nodded my head eagerly. "But my mom doesn't let me drink it often. She says it messes me up."

Garrett bursted into laughter. "I wanna see you get messed up," he said, with a mischievous grin. "I have the coffee maker over there," he pointed to a beautiful and sleek black machine.

I walked to it, admiring its beauty. "It's shiny," I whispered, stroking it gently.

Garrett watched me in amusement. "Choose which coffee you want."

My eyes sparkled, as I scanned the list of options. I decided to go with a frap just because. I pushed the button, and I watched the magic happen.

After a couple moments later, Garrett told me it was finished. I happily took the cup, and took a sip. My eyes widened, as I spit the coffee back into the cup.

"IT'S HOT," I screamed at the top of my lungs, running around his kitchen like an idiot. I ran to his sink, and rinsed my mouth, as I whimpered in pain.

He laughed hysterically. "You are funny," he said, whipping the tears from his face.

I glared at him. "Don't laugh at my pain," I warned. "Or I'll laugh at you while you get another F on your math test."

He crossed his arms. "Touché."

I nodded, grabbing my coffee carefully, and walking back to where the math was at.

Garrett sat beside me, a little too close. I felt his leg brush against my leg, which made me squirm in my seat.

"Okay, so here are a bunch of questions I wrote for you to solve," I said, handing him the notebook.

He groaned, as he took the notebook, and scanned the questions.

I began to feel something vibrating under me, so I yelped, and I jumped out of my seat.