Chapter Twenty Four: Confessions

Garrett's POV

I stood outside of a classroom, leaning against the wall, waiting impatiently. Where the hell was this guy? I thought, staring down at my watch.

Thankfully, the door swung open, and a whole bunch of people came running out. It was Friday, end of last period, so I didn't blame them.

I grabbed the arm of the familiar face, and he turned to look at me.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Amir asked, crossing his arms in front of him.

I suddenly began to feel nervous. I can't believe I was about to admit something to Amir, out of all people. But I had no choice. It was either him, Uzair, or Sana.

"I like Nafisa," I said quickly, not making eye contact with him. "And I don't know what to do about it, so I came to you."

When he never said anything, I looked up to see his reaction. He kept a straight face. Until he scoffed.

"You like Nafisa?" He said, rolling his eyes. "I thought you were into those bimbo girls you usually hang out with."

I glared at him. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked, lowering my tone.

He looked away. "Nothing."

"I just need some advice. You are close with Nafisa, and you're a Muslim and all-"

"Nafisa would never go with a guy like you. I mean look at you, you smoke, take drugs, and have done the deed many times. Besides, she would never ever date any guy. So in short, you have no chance with her," he spat out rudely.

I stared at him for a while. "You don't like Nafisa, do you?"

He just chuckled slightly, and walked away from me, leaving me confused.

***

Nafisa's POV

I woke up to the sounds of pots and pans were repeatedly making loud noises, as well as the vacuum cleaner being used.

I groaned, stuffing my face in my pillow. I grabbed my phone from my side table to see that it was only 9 AM.

I groaned once again, and brought myself out of bed. "What's happening?" I asked in a grouchy voice to my mom who was in the kitchen.

"Thank God you are awake. Can you unload the dishwasher?" She asked, again banging pots and pans.

I sighed. "What's the reason for the commotion?" I tried to ask again.

"We are having guests over. Jaldi karo, I have a lot to do," she replied.

"Who's coming?" I asked, unloading the dishwasher.

"Sana's family, Amir's family, Amir's uncles family, Auntie Shazia's family-"

"Wait, wait," I said. "Amir's uncles family? You mean the same uncle which is Garrett's dad?" I asked, horrified.

My mom nodded. "Exactly."

"What-why would you invite them?" I exclaimed.