Chapter Twenty Three: Baby Doll

Garrett's POV

My mind was racing as I sped off away from Nafisa's house.

Why did I leave her alone? At night? God, why am I so stupid?

I slammed my fist against the steering wheel.

The moment when we were face to face have me a feeling that I never thought I would ever experience with a girl.

Did I have feelings for Nafisa?

No, that's idiotic. I can't like Nafisa. She's a freaking Muslim, and her family hates me.

My father is Muslim, the annoying voice reminded me inside my head.

I took a deep breath, turning to park in an abandoned parking lot. I grabbed the pack of cigarettes that I left in my car, and exited the car. I took a seat on a bench, and lit a cigar.

I tried to forget about Nafisa, but she was the only thing I could think of. Her innocent face, her smile, her everything. This girl was driving me insane.

I was blinded by headlights of a car, that pulled up beside me. I dropped the cigar on the floor, and crushed it with my foot, squinting to see who was there.

I watched as Connor stepped out of the car, with his crew. I rolled my eyes. I was not in the mood to see him, at all.

Connor smirked at me, walking closer to me.

I crossed my arms, glaring at him. "What are you doing here?"

He laughed. "It seems as if you forgot about the bet."

I scrunched my face in confusion, and then remembered what he was talking about. Oh crap.

"Pay up," he said, leaning against his car.

"Listen," I said. "I'm tight with money, alright? I'll pay you later-"

"A deal is a deal," he stared at me intensely.

I growled at him. "I said I'll pay you later."

He chuckled quietly. "Justin," Connor called one of his crew members. "Show the picture."

Justin nodded, and whipped out his phone, shoving it in my face.

I adjusted my eyes to the picture, and realized it was me and Nafisa from just now.

My blood boiled. "Why the heck were you following me?"

Connor smirked, not answering my question. "I'll leak this picture to the world if you don't pay up now."

I couldn't take his nonsense anymore. I walked closer to him, clenching my fists. "You can't do that. I told you I'll pay you later. What is your deal?" I yelled.

He took a step back, with his nasty smirk still playing at his lips. "I know where this girl lives. It's now or never."

I shoved him forcefully. "You are not going to go near her," I whispered.

Connor looked unaffected. "Come on boys. I guess we'll come back later for the money," he said, walking back to his car.

I stared at him, waiting until him and his crew drove off. After a while of evaluating what has happened, I found myself praying to God for Nafisa's safety.