30 - The Last Day

~Sam's Point of View~

As expected, the next week flew by. We spent everyday out of the house, enjoying ourselves doing various activities. In the evenings we'd sit and watch films, or order takeouts, or just chat into the early hours of the morning. It was, quite possibly, the best week of my life. But, as with all good things, it was ending today.
"Jungkook, just pass me those will you?" I asked him, pointing to the two teddies he had won me at the arcades. He grabbed them and sat them in his lap, and I could see the sadness in his eyes. I sighed, closing my bag for a moment and sitting opposite him. We were seated on my bed in my room, packing up my things, not that I had many, although I was grateful the boys had provided so much for me when I didn't bring anything. Well, how was I to know that things would turn out like this!

"Please don't go..." He whispered, and a tear fell from my eyes. I caressed his cheek, lifting his head to meet my eyes.
"You know I have college or I would stay with you all the time... I don't want to go," I admitted, and a hint of a smile appeared on his face.
"Wait till you finish university, I'll make sure you get a job that's close to me," He smirked, and I giggled.
"I'd love nothing more," I smiled. He wiped the tear from my cheek, and pulled me off the bed.
"Come on, take your bag and let's go downstairs."
I grabbed my things and followed him.

Downstairs, Beth had already finished taking her things, and was talking to V, Jimin and Jin who were in the kitchen. I smiled, before heading to the lounge where Rapmon, Suga and J-Hope were.
"Hey," I said as I sunk into one of the sofas. A conversation sprung up and the others joined us and soon enough, we were laughing and joking with each other. I sighed, realising just how much I was going to miss these boys.

Suddenly, the guys all stood up, telling us to follow them to the garden, and Beth and I obliged, looking at each other in confusion.
"We've prepared something for you... We hope you like it!" Jimin smiled, as the music started. I gasped as I recognised the song - Just One Day. BTS stood in formation, and began to sing the sweet melody, harmonising perfectly in the right places, acting out gentle and smooth moves, and putting on a beautiful performance. Rapmon ended the song with the words, "Can you please stay with me." At this point, Jungkook was in front of me holding a red rose, and Taehyung was the same in front of Beth, who I could see was tearing up and grinning.
I smiled at the boy in front of me whose gaze dropped to the floor in shyness as a blush covered his pale cheeks. I giggled and accepted the rose, wrapping my arms around him. He was the perfect boy for me.

~time skip - Sam's Point of View~

"You're sure you didn't forget anything?" Jin asked as we stood on the platform. We were at the train station, so Beth and I could get home as we had college the next day. The boys would leave by plane the following morning.
I shook my head, and Beth did the same. We didn't speak for a while, as no one knew what to say. I was the first to break the silence.
"Bangtan Sonyeondan." I spoke, and they all turned and looked at me as I had used their full name.
"It's been a pleasure, I can't thank you enough... It was a dream come true for us to be lucky enough to meet you, let alone spend time with you... This summer has been incredible and I will never forget it. Thank you so much for everything, and let's make sure to keep in touch! Don't forget to tell Beth and I when you come visit the UK again.." I started to sniffle as a couple of tears ran down my cheeks. I was going to miss these people so much I couldn't describe it.
"Sam, Beth, we made the right choice meeting with you, you've made our stay here so much better, so thank you for that. We'll definitely meet up again, Jungkook and V won't let us rest otherwise," Rapmon joked, but he was tearing up as well as the other members.
"Aw come on everyone, group hug," V smiled as we all went in and embraced, laughing. We took a selfie, well quite a few selfies! Beth nudged me, indicating that the train would be here any moment now. I hugged each member in turn:
"Always stay smiling, okay?" I grinned as J-Hope, as he chuckled. "I should be the one to tell you that!"
"Study well, and we'll definitely meet again, be sure of it," Rapmon smiled, showing his cute dimples. I grinned, nodding as I hugged him.
"Sam.. We're going to miss you! Take care, okay?" Jimin said quietly, and I smiled in response, embracing him. He tickled me, causing me to burst into fits of laughter. "No please, Park Jimin get off me..." I laughed, until he finally released me, grinning from ear to ear. I loved his smile so much...
"Tae Tae... Always look after Beth okay? And I'm going to miss your fun nature and craziness..." I smiled sadly, and V chucked.
"I'm going to miss you too Sam... Thanks for everything, and of course I will," He flashed his signature smile, and pulled me in for a hug. "Don't hurt our maknae, alright?" Taehyung teased, and I smiled. "I wouldn't dream of it."
"Jin! Thank you...," I smiled at him, and Jin laughed. "Come here you," he grinned and pulled me in for a hug. "Always be happy, okay? Have a safe journey."

"Yoongi.." I stared up at him, and his eyes bore into mine. We had a connection, there was something there - we had a close friendship, and I knew I could count on him for anything.
"It's okay. I'll see you soon, okay? Please take care," He smiled, placing a hand on my cheek, and I nodded.
"Take care as well, okay? Eat well, sleep enough, don't over-tire yourselves, alright?"
The boys nodded in agreement, just as the train arrived.
Jungkook pulled me into his embrace, and I could feel tears running down my cheeks.
"I'm going to miss you so much," I whispered, and he shook his head.
"No, we'll be speaking all the time, it'll be as if we're right beside each other," He grinned, but I could see his eyes glistening.
"Saranghae Jungkook," I kissed him on his lips, tiptoeing to reach.
"Saranghae Sam..." He whispered, wiping my tears.
I turned to see Beth in V's arms, also crying.
"I love you Elizabeth," he smiled, cuddling her before letting go.
"I love you too Tae, take care," Beth smiled through her tears, and we boarded the train, waving to the boys who grew smaller and smaller as the distance between the train and the platform increased, until we could no longer see them.

"...wow."
I laughed, and Beth began giggling too.
"I cannot believe anything right now," She admitted, and I agreed. Who would have known what was to come? A perfect relationship with a perfect boy, and perfect best friends. Simply perfect.