16 - It can't be...

~Sam's Point of View~

I yawned, pulling on comfy pyjama shorts and a loose top, and brushing my teeth. Coming out of the bathroom, I jumped onto the bed and grabbed my phone. It was almost midnight. Wow, we'd stayed up later than I that...
I smiled at my lock screen - it was a picture I had taken today, of Jungkook. I'd taken it when he was having his photoshoot. He was leaning back on a chair, wearing ripped jeans, a smart shirt and his black hair was styled to the side... The way that made him look older and more handsome, rather than cute. Someone must have made a joke or something, because it was caught mid laugh. He wasn't facing the camera, he was angled to the right, because he didn't know I was taking the picture. I smiled again at the photo's beauty, before putting it away on the bedside table and making myself comfortable. I want to say goodnight to Jungkook... I grabbed my phone and quickly texted him:

To: Jungkook❤️
From: Sam

Hi, just wanted to say goodnight... Didn't want to come into your room and disturb you! Sleep well Kookie, goodnight... x

I quickly hit send before I could rethink. After a minute I felt my phone vibrate and I checked it:

To: Sam
From: Jungkook❤️

Hello, goodnight Sam, sleep well!
And you're welcome to come disturb me anytime you want... Don't hesitate :) x

I grinned uncontrollably at his message. I'm surprised I got any sleep...

~the next morning - Sam's Point of View~

I woke up early. I wonder why, maybe it's just out of happiness. I felt like today would be a good day somehow. I freshened up, cleaning my teeth and changing into white shorts and a pink blouse, and pulling my hair into a high ponytail. I walked out of my room to see my jacket hanging on the banister, which Beth must have hung there last night. I grabbed it and was about to throw it onto the chair when I decided to check for another note. And it was a good thing I did...

naegen neo ppunya
naega meolli isseodo
hangsang yeope isseojwo
I'll give it to you...

Hey beautiful,
This is my final note, because third time lucky right? So I can't wait anymore to reveal myself to you...
Tonight. 9:00pm. Park.
Yours x

Well, waiting till evening is going to drag; I wanted to know who it was right now! I sighed and smiled, soon I will. I dropped the jacket onto the chair and went downstairs. Only Suga and Jin were up, the others still in bed.
"Good morning," Suga mumbled sleepily, as I approached him. He was working on music I could see, and looked like he'd been up for a while.
"You look tired, you should have slept some more," I advised, patting his shoulder. He chuckled; and just nodded.
"I know, but I couldn't sleep anyway so I thought I'd come down and work on this. I'm looking forward to getting it finished," He smiled. He had a beanie on, which I pulled off.
"Hey!" Suga complained, and I just laughed.
"But I like your hair Yoongi," I teased, ruffling his bleach blonde hair. He just chuckled and shook his head, letting me off. Just then, Jungkook walked in.

~Jungkook's Point of View~

I watched them both through the doorway. I wanted her to ruffle my hair like that; to talk to me like that. They're just friends... I told myself. Remember what Jin said. I smiled - I was going to tell her, either tonight or tomorrow. Still smiling, I walked to the living room.
Sam looked up at me and smiled shyly.
"Good morning," She greeted me, and I said it back. As I walked past her I brushed against her arm; I wanted to hug her but I knew my hyungs would ask questions so I didn't.

~Sam's Point of View~

Jungkook walked into the room, and my heart fluttered like it did every time I saw him. As he walked passed his arm brushed mine; I wanted to turn and grab him and pull him into a hug, but he probably wouldn't like that and the others would ask questions, so I didn't.

~time skip - evening - Sam's Point of View~

Hurry up, hurry up...
It was almost 9:00pm, and I was sat in my room waiting to leave. I was wearing black skinny jeans, a pale blue blouse and had left my hair down and straight. The park was only a couple of minutes down the road, so I didn't want to be there early.
After 10 minutes, I decided to go. I walked downstairs, hoping that everyone was in the lounge or kitchen so I could just go out without any questions, but someone stopped me as I was opening the front door.
"Sam? Where are you going?" Jungkook asked.
"Just...out, I'll be back really soon," I smiled at him, but he frowned.
"Shall I come with you? It's a bit late for you to be out by yourself?"
I shook my head, and he just nodded.
"Come back soon okay?" He smiled, and my heart warmed.

As I walked, the anticipation was building. Who could it be? Well, I was disappointed that it wasn't Jungkook; how could it be him when he's still in the house? Could it be... Yoongi? I thought about this - he was a very close friend and I loved him a lot, as we'd become very close very quickly, and I could always go to him if I had a problem. But, would I want anything more than friendship with anyone apart from Jungkook? I don't know.

Approaching the gates, I looked around. It was mainly empty with a few dog walkers. But, I could make out a lone figure with his back to me, standing at the far end, and something told me it was him. I started speed-walking, slowly down when I was almost there. He looked familiar, although I couldn't be sure as the daylight was fading. He was wearing a brown jacket that I felt I'd seen before but I couldn't remember on who. I looked up at his hair, but it was covered with a cap, or I would have recognised him for sure. He must have sensed my presence behind him, because he shuffled nervously for a second before slowly turning around, pulling his cap off.

I gasped. No, no no....

"T-Taehyung?!"