Stained Glass (A Luke Brooks Fanfic)

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, who's that?" I interrupt. I was referring to the guy that I had never seen before. His hair was curly, and his eyes seemed full of something I couldn't get. He had a lip two lips rings, at least I thought. I watched as he sat down with his lunch alone. Bella finally caught on and said, "That's Luke. You don't wanna know him", she hinted.

"What makes you think I want to? I've just never seen him around", I muttered.

"I barley even knew he exists", She joked.

"That wasn't funny, you should never joke around like that", I spat. We sat in silence for awhile, as I watched him. He never brought his eyes up. He barely touched his food. From the corner of my eye, I saw one of the football players of the school, throw a football towards Luke. It landed in his mashed potatoes splashing it on his face. The football team burst into laughter, at their joke.

Me, being the kind person I am, I walk over to Luke's table. I knew a little about football, at least how to throw one. As I grab the football, Luke's eyes meet mine. And for a minute, I was lost. Like his eyes were telling me something. A story.

I managed to look away. I gripped the football hard, and launched it at one of the football players sitting down at the table.

He catches it, and sits shocked for awhile. I drop my left eye before having a seat infront of Luke. He was to busy whipping the mashed potatoes off his face with a napkin, to acknowledge my existince.

"Hey", I spoke. He looks up at me, and begins to take a sip of his white milk. He swallows before saying, "Hey"

"That was pretty horri-"

"Yeah, I know. I was here the whole time", He sarcastically said.

"Look, I'm just trying to be nice, if you-"

"Look", he replied, sitting up in his seat, our faces meeting up in the middle of the table. "I don't need you to be nice. I don't need you to take up for me, don't think about me, and remember, you don't know me". And with that, he rose out of his seat walking to the trash cans to dispose his lunch. I embarrassedly, ran my fingers through my hair, and headed back to my seat

"You tried to talk to him didn't you", Bella said to me as I sat down.

"No", I lied. There was something weird about him. He couldn't hate everybody for no reason, their had to be a reason.