Chapter 5~Unrequited Love

Dipper pov

"I like you."
What was I saying? What was I SAYING?"
"NO." I protested. NOW what was I saying? I needed Bill! I liked Bill!
"Dip, I see what youre thinking and Im confused. You want me or not?"

Bill pov

"You want me or not?" I asked. I was so fucking confused. I didnt even know.
"Listen, Bill. I like you... A lot.. But..." I read his thoughts. 'Dipper, come on Dipper I know you like him just say yes you know you want to' I heard him telling himself.
"Im just not into guys." I heard him say and then he walked away. I read more of his mind. Ive been doing that a lot lately.
'*internal facepalm* Boy, do I act stupid sometimes.' He thought. I wasnt hurt, because I knew he liked me. It wasnt fair for him, though. I decided to stay away for a while to give him the time, although I kept getting the fucking urge to see him. Had to resist. It was horrible. It made me so fucking mad.

Dipper pov

I just couldnt make up my mind. It wasnt fair.
I went into my room and sat on my bed, staring at the floor. An hour passed and I just relaxed like that. Trying to think.
"Brother, can we talk?" I heard Mabel say. It hurt my ears after sitting alone in complete silence for that long.
"Whats up, Mabel." I said, sighing near the end of her name.
"Whats up with YOU? Youve been sitting there for an hour now, doing absolutely NOTHING! You havent done this in TWO YEARS! I know its something important that you cant make up your mind about, because you do this whenever something is REALLY important. I know you better than you think, brother."
I had to process what she said.
"Uh.. Mabel, its personal but I guess I can tell you. I just.. dont know who I am. Im 18 and I should know who I am at this point in life."
"What do you mean you dont know?"
"Look, its Bill Cipher. He wants me to be his boyfriend. I really like him. I told him yes, then I said no, then my mind went places, now Im here. What should I do?"
"Well, do you want to be his boyfriend?"
"Well.. Yes. But I cant say it to him."
"Well, why say it when you can express it?"
I thought about what she said for a second.
"O-oh. Yeah, I can do that." I said sarcastically.
"Thats great!"
"Wait, didnt you hear my sarcasm?"
"You know, theres no sarcasm in the word love." 'Ugh' I thought after she said that. Then I just looked at her.
"Well, Im going to go TALK to BILL." Said Mabel.
"Ok, but dont say anything embarrassing about me. I dont want him to feel weird about me."
"Oh, come on Dipper. You know Im only the BEST MATCHMAKER EVER." Well, I couldnt argue.
"I dont want to be MATCHMADE with him. We already know each other. But - UGH. Just go talk to him."

Bill pov

I was sitting at my house by myself. Its usually empty. It was easy to find, since my mailbox says 'CIPHER' on it in peeling letters. Yeah.. I lived there for a while. I probably should have cleaned it.
I heard a knock then a girl shouting "BILL BILL BILL"
I knew the second I heard that lovely voice that it could only belong to one person ; Shooting Star.
I got up and opened the door and she had the biggest smile on her face.
"Uh.. Come on in Star.." I said and let her inside my house.
"DIPPER PINES YOU LOVE HIM CORRECT!" She shouted.
I did love him. It hurt knowing that Dipper only 'liked' me but at least it was something.
"Yeah.. Yeah I do. His whole life I have loved him. But its just complicated. He doesnt like me like I like him."
"YES! I KNEW I-" I shushed her.
"But its unrequited love." I said. She gave me a confused look like she didnt know what that meant.
"un·re·quit·ed
ˌənrəˈkwīdəd/ : adjective. (Of a feeling, especially love) not given, rewarded, or felt in return. Unrequited love." I said giving her a definition and an example as accurately as possible. She better have appreciated it. I even told her how to pronounce it.
"Oh.. Ok." She seemed confused as ever. I didnt even have to see what she was thinking to figure that out.
"Youre a SUPER GENIUS! Its like you just pulled that definition out of your head like youre a.. word book!" She was really excited about a simple word. Jeez.
"Dictionary."
"That was AWESOME I NEED TO START READING MORE!"
"Mabel, this isnt about me. Its about Dipper. Tell me how to make him make up his mind."
"Oh, he already knows what he wants."
"I know b-- what?? WHAT IS IT!?" I said. I havent been that excited since forever.
"The answer is.. YES!" She said excitedly.
"Whoa.. Really!?"
"Dude I said YES! Now you march over to that Mystery Shack and TELL DIP HEAD YOU LOVE HIM!!"
"YES MAAM" I said back to Mabel, more joyful then Ive ever been in my countless-year life. Me and Mabel walked back to the Mystery Shack and she took me upstairs to PineTree.
"Well, I guess I have to go, so baiiii" she said leaving immediately after she convinced me to go up to PineTree's room. But I knew she had nothing better to do but stand outside the door spying on us.
"So.. What are you doing here.. And why is Mabel so happy.. More than usual I mean." PineTree said.
"Well.. Its not easy to say. Its not like you will hate me if I do say it.. Its just hard to explain."
"Bill, why are you so nervous? Youre not supposed to be nervous. You have more experience with life than anyone in this dimension. You should be the bravest person ever."
Jeez. He was right. Nervousness isnt attractive.
"Its uh.. I l-love y--"
And then it happened. He kissed me with passion. It was a great kiss, too. Then he hugged me around my waist and his head was at my chest.
"I like you too. I dont know what Im doing and I dont know what Ive been doing. Im s-"
"PineTree its unrequited. You dont feel the same way as I do."
"..W-what? No of course not."
"Dipper, listen to me. I love you."

Dipper pov

"Dipper, listen to me. I love you." Is what he said. I needed to respond. I didnt think it was possible for a demon to love.
"I.. love you too." I responded. What else was there to respond. I couldnt hold back the truth forever. It wasnt fair for Bill. I really did love him, and after all, hes been with me for my entire life. Whether I knew it or not.
"Sorry for... Holding back for so long..."

A/N
YAY NEW CHAPTER
The story with this chapter is that I was in english class and unrequited was the word of the day. I really liked that word so I decided to incorporate it into this chapter. It means not given or felt in return. Most people use it in the term of love. Unrequited love.