16: march 18th, 2015.

Start from the beginning

"wait, who's amber?" andie asked, feeling awful for having to ask that.

"she goes in my class. for a while she was a bit down and didn't hang out with anyone much. but i think she's happier now. you've picked me up from her once i think." crystal explained incoherently.

"she's the brunette, right? the one who lives in the city?" andie asked to remember, and crystal nodded with a smile on her lips.

fifteen minutes later, when crystal and andie were in the middle of an argument whether blue or purple hair is the coolest, jake joined them and poked andie's upper arm.

"sorry i'm—"

"—late." andie finished for him, smirking, and raised her eyebrows.

"yeah." he chuckled and smiled to crystal. "hey. do you remember me?"

crystal squinted with her eyes in concentration and her whole face scrunched up until she did remember him.

"a little. barely." she giggled and rested her chin against her arms.

"barely is better than not at all." jake smiled satisfied, but it faded slowly once he peeked behind crystal's shoulder. "andie." he mumbled, nudging her.

"what?" she asked as she followed his gaze with her eyes. she felt a sudden sort of energy rush through her when she saw luke walking a few meters away from them, along with michael.

"convenient." jake smirked and shook his head at the ground. crystal became curious herself, so she turned her head around with a frown.

"what?" she asked and gazed back at them.

"it's just two people from my school." andie mumbled and fixed her hair quickly, but stopped herself in the middle of the process realizing how stupid she was for doing so.

"wow, did you just fix your hair?" jake raised his eyebrows and refrained from laughing.

andie glared at him and looked up when a familiar voice spoke up. she awkwardly smiled towards luke.

"what's up?" michael grinned and squinted with his eyes due to the sun.

"nothing, you?" andie replied before both her and jake stood up simultaneously.

"just enjoying the lovely weather." michael exaggarated his words, causing andie to snort. "we never got to say hi at the party." he then added, directing his words to jake.

"oh, right. hi, i'm jake." he smiled.

luke frowned and gazed at andie, silently asking her if it was that jake. she just nodded discreetly and crossed her arms under her chest.

"michael. this is luke." michael introduced them both. luke half heartedly smiled and puckered with his lips.

andie looked at the ocean quickly before someone pulled her hand carefully. crystal was looking up at her, motioning for her to kneel down with the help of her hand, which she did.

"i want to swim." crystal stated, smiling cutely.

"then we'll swim." andie laughed, catching everyone's attention.

"is this your sister?" luke asked as he crouched down to get to the same height as them.

"yeah." andie smiled and ruffled her sister's hair. "say hi to luke."

"hi." crystal greeted him and stretched out her hand. luke seemed surprised but shook in nonetheless and grinned back.

"hi. andie's told me a lot about you, it's nice to finally meet you." he said honestly.