1: february 16th, 2015

both.

~:~

monday.

"i'm starting to believe that you only get detention to spend time with me." andie commented as the familiar boy made her company.

she was carelessly scribbling on her writing pad, beyond bored and tired, not even sparing him a glance. her eyes were too focused on the paper in front of her.

"then you're wrong." he shot her a fake smile – which she glimpsed at through the corner of her eye – and then averted his eyes to their teacher, who was watching them like a hawk.

"keep telling yourself that." she sighed slightly, but a smirk was playing on her lips.

"so what are you listening to today?" he asked, nudging her foot with his own under the desk. it had become a usual question for him to ask her, and somehow he was always genuinely interested in what she chose to fill her ears with, no matter how many times he's asked.

"linkin park." she shortly responded, and this time she actually did gaze at him.

"lucas, andie!" their teacher suddenly exclaimed and crossed her arms over her chest, not so discreetly hinting her annoyance. "anything you'd like to share with the rest of us?"

"no, ms. crawford." luke said in a monotonic voice and sunk a bit in his seat, whereas andie was trying her hardest to suppress a snort. she quickly, but quietly, ripped out a page from her book and began writing something down.

'guess we'll have to pass stupid notes now.'

luke peered at her, but she still refused to look away from their teacher. she wasn't in the mood for ms. crawford to call them out several times. once she left for her usual coffee break, that's when they would be able to speak out loud.

'oh no, we're like those now.'

this time, andie did snort and shook her head faintly at the floor. she bit on her pen before figuring out what to reply with, tapping with her foot as well.

'we've been like those for quite a while now lucas. your handwriting sucks, i can barely see what you're writing.'

she pushed the paper towards him, smiling in advance because his handwriting was truly awful. it was slovenly and careless, but it was cute.

luke smiled at her, one of those smiles that warmed her on the inside more than she'd like to admit. it was almost contagious.

'what got you detention today?'

'i sort of yelled at my teacher. she was really pissing me off.'

he snickered as quietly as he could at that, glancing up at where their teacher should've been sitting. they both had their eyes so glued at the desk; none of them noticed she had already left the room.

"you need to stop yelling at your teachers." he spoke up and smirked at her. she just blinked at him and shook her head, still fiddling with the pen.

"she got mad because i countered to something she said, so i got mad." she shrugged and put away her pen, only to cross her arms over her chest and lean her back against the chair.

"you're gonna get yourself expelled." he scoffed, but his voice only held seriousness.

"they can't expel me. it's not like i egged her car. although i'd love to." she muttered the last part and slightly shifted her body so that it'd be easier to look at him. "what did you do?"