6: march 3th, 2015.

andie.

~:~

tuesday.

"are you crazy? what were you thinking?!" nikki's voice echoed in the empty house and her arms flung to the sides. andie intertwined her hands over her lap and gazed down at the carpet.

"look, i paniced, okay?" she sighed and tugged on her bottom lip.

"you could've at least given me a warning or something." nikki bitterly murmured, but then sighed.

"he was right behind me! please tell me how i could've given you a warning. but anyway, thank you for going along with it. i better go home now." andie stood up from her comfortable seat on the couch, looking at nikki, smiling apologetically.

"you're welcome, sweetie. who was he anyways?" nikki's whole mood suddenly changed, and she seemed very curious about the boy; a small smirk played on her lips.

"just someone. don't make a big deal out of it." andie muttered and seized her skateboard from the hallway.

"whatever you say. tell crystal i said hi." nikki smiled and opened the door for her. andie nodded as she exited the house, waved at her friend and made her way home. for each breeze that hit her face, guilt sprawled itself inside her body, causing her to bite on her bottom lip continuously. she was beyond thankful towards nikki for catching her lie so quickly, because she really wasn't prepared for luke following her.

before she knew it, she was skateboarding on the littered street, passing small apartments until she stopped at her own.

"you're home later than usual." the familiar man said, who stood outside his apartment door, occupying himself with a cigarette.

"got detention, and i had to make a quick stop." andie responded, stepping of her skateboard. "what happened to project quit smoking, david?"

"i'm not even gonna lie to you, i gave up on that weeks ago. i've lived half my life already, there's really no point in trying. but don't ever start, andie. it's awful." he uttered, put the cigarette between his lips and inhaled deeply. andie couldn't contain her snort, earning his attention.

"that's quite hypocritical, don't you think? i mean, there you are, encouraging me to avoid smoking, with a cigarette in your hand. not particularly convincing." she cocked her head to the side, crossing her arms.

of course she'd never smoke, but she found the old man entertaining. he had a tendency to often give her advice, but his action always said otherwise.

"yeah, don't look up to me. i'm a mess." he chuckled hoarsely before coughing against his elbow. she couldn't agree more than she did.

"don't worry, i'm aware of that." she remarked before quietly opening the door, trying her hardest not to leave a creaking sound. once she closed it, she sneaked her way into her room and hid her skateboard underneath her bed.

andie exited her room, only to be met by her little sister's body. crystal opened her mouth to speak, but andie quickly shushed her by putting her index finger against her own lips.

"hey." crystal whispered carefully when andie kneeled down to be in the same height as her sister. she smiled softly and tucked some strands of hair behind crystal's ear.

"hey. do you want to go to the park?" andie asked quietly, smiling even wider when crystal's eyes lit up with pure happiness. it almost made her heart ache.