Chapter 10 Chance

It's been a full 2 months and sometimes Drew is progressing and next he's regressing. I spend my days and nights by Drew side with Tiffany I honestly wish she leave, but deep inside I'm happy I'm not alone. Bri and Johan comes to the hospital to give me food but I keep throwing up, I feel weak and sick. Chris comes to check on me and the baby he asks about Drew but I don't think he cares. I just wish Drew would wake up. He's still unresponsive, his vitals are stable but nothing is happening. Doctor Harris keeps telling me to prepare for the worst but I can't think like that.
Present day:

I'm in Drew's room he's sleeping so peacefully doctor Harris told me to think of it as that, but I know it's anything but that.
Out of no where he starts seizing, I see his body moving shaking and there's nothing I can do, I scream for the doctors and nurses they come rushing in the room. Trying to settle the seizures down nothing is working, I see them stick him with needles but still the seizure continue. "WHAT IS HAPPENING SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON, WHAT'S HAPPENING TO HIM. HE WAS FINE JUST A MINUTE AGO." No one is answering me, I'm yelling but no one is answering. All I'm thinking is I can't lose him I can't lose another person please. I hear the doctor yelling "COME ON KID YOU CAN'T GIVE UP NOW YOU HAVE TO FIGHT WITH US, WE CAN'T DO THIS BY OURSELVES."
"WHAT, WHAT, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN HE HAS TO FIGHT WITH YOU, PLEASE DON'T LET HIM DIE PLEASE SAVE HIS LIFE. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE FUCKING ANSWER ME!"
"Ms he's seizing his body has rejected the new medicine we gave him, we have to take him down to surgery. I'm sorry that's all I can say for right now, I will give you more information once I get some please stay calm. SOMEONE PLEASE COME AND GET THIS LADY SHE GOT BLOOD ON HER PLEASE SOMEONE CHECK HER!" the nurse says.

I stood in shock, I couldn't believe Drew life right now is seriously hanging in the balance. He could die in surgery.
"Excuse Ms. your bleeding you have to come with me right now, I need to check you out" nurse 2 said.
I stood there, Tiffany ran over to me, I have no idea when she got here. "Shelby you're bleeding you need to go with the nurse please you have to go now" Tiffany said.
Still not moving. Tiffany physically moves me and walks with me to the room with the nurse, she takes my phone and calls Brianna. I get into the room and Tiffany undresses me, her faces says it all she sees all the blood. "It's going to be fine Shelby I'm going to tell the nurse to come back in now okay."
"Ms.Jones can you please lay on the table I'm going to examine you now" nurse 2 said.
I'm in the room laying down on the table crying, it finally hits me while Drew is at the other end of the hospital fighting for his life I'm fighting for my baby's life. I have no more fight in me, I want to be strong but I can't.
I hear a knock at the door and its Bri, now all three of us is the room with the nurse. Bri comes to stand by my side and rub my hair softly I look up at her and she kisses me on my forehead and tells me she called Chris.
The nurse opens my legs when there's another knock at the door it's Chris and he rushes to the other side of me and kisses my lips the sweetest softest most scared kiss.
"YOU ALL CAN'T BE IN HERE WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING SOMEONE HAS TO LEAVE" nurse 2 said.
"Thank you Tiffany so much, but can you please leave I'll let you know what happens. These two has to stay nurse this is my baby father and this is my sister I need them here." I mange to mouth those words.
"Okay" nurse two said.
She cleaned up the blood and told me the doctors will be in the room shortly.
Chris squeezes my hand, letting me know everything will be okay and not to worry. Bri does the same thing as she kiss my forehead again. I knew different, I knew this was a bad sign something bad would come out of this day.
The doctor came in and interrupt my thoughts.
"Hello Ms. Jones I'm doctor William, the nurse caught me up on the situation. Let's take look at your ultrasound. I know it seems like a lot of blood but we just never know about these things okay. I've been informed that you're 6 months 3 weeks."
I nod that's all I have the strength to do. He puts the gel on my belly and starts to search for a heart beat. The room is very quite you can hear a pin drop, he still searching and searching and searching and searching there's no heartbeat. "I'm sorry Ms. Jones but there's no heart beat" he said.
Chris falls to his knees and starts to cry, Bri is on the other side crying too. I have tears streaming down my face making its way to my neck, I knew I shouldn't have kept this baby. On April 16.2015 my baby girl died again.
The doctor tells me that I will have to give birth to my baby girl and the nurse will come in with a pill that triggers the labor process. Also I will come back to the hospital 2 days later to deliver the baby. As the doctor is talking to me, Chris and Bri squeezes my hands.
When he's done I ask the doctor what went wrong, he told me it could of been the stress on the baby because of all that's going on and because I haven't been able to keep anything down.
I feel like this is my fault, I killed my baby. I let Drew situation consume my life and with that I lost my angel once again.
"it's my fault why I lost my baby, I killed her" I said in a small voice.
The doctor took my hand and told me that's not true I didn't kill my child, a lot of woman miscarry. The nurse came in and gave me the pill, I stared at it for some time before I took it.
Chris walks out the room, Bri was about to chase after him but I stop her in her tracks "let him go." This is dejvu all over again my baby dies, Chris walking out again, and Brianna chasing him.
Doctor Williams tells me that the nurse schedule my delivery for two days later. He leaves me and Brianna in the room alone, it's so quite neither one of us knows what to say.
We get a loud knock at the door it's Tiffany I tell her to come in, Brianna was going to tell her to leave but what's the point I already lost my baby.
"I'm sorry I know this isn't the best time but Drew is out of surgery and it went well"
I nod and she leaves the room.
Bri helps me up and gets me dress, I guess Tiffany told her what was happening and she brought a change of clothes. The nurse brings me a wheel chair and we head out the room. I ask Bri can we visit Drew before we leave. I see that he's in stable condition and breathing on his own, I'm grateful and distraught at the same time.
I get into Bri car and the ride is silent, an unhappy silence seeps through the car. We finally make it home and Johan and Montana are sitting on the couch, they both rush to us and hug and kiss us. It's like they already knew what happened. I sit on the couch and Chris comes out the bathroom I start crying more, he didn't leave me again.
He helps me up and hugs me so hard, start to kiss me I can't help but kiss him back I'm so happy that he didn't abandon me again. I know I had Bri but it isn't the same, she never went through this.
Chris takes me to my room and sits me on the bed, Montana must know something is wrong because she is shadowing Chris's every move.
He gives me a change of clothes and lays me down. Bri and Johan comes in my room asking us do we need anything food, water etc, I shake my head no and so does Chris. We get into the bed and cuddle with each other, letting the darkness cover my room. Montana Chris and I fall asleep.

Two days later.
Chris has been staying with me for the past two days, shadowing what little movement I do. It was the morning of my delivery, the house was quite it reeks of depression. Chris, Brianna, Johan and myself go down stairs and hops in Bris car. The ride over was silent, somber wanting to speak but no one knows what to say. See this pregnancy was different from beginning to end, at least I got a chance to have Sapphire in my arms before she died. Interrupted by my thoughts my labor pains become more progressive, Chris Bri and Johan are doing the breathing exercises with me. We finally hit the hospital door way and I begin to cry, I mean the ugly inner core cry. With the contractions and me knowing I'm delivering a dead baby I couldn't stop crying. I pull myself together and we all four walk into the hospital. We get to the floor I'm suppose to be on and the room, Brianna and Chris helps me change into my delivery robe. Doctor Williams and the nurses come in, explaining to me that we are going to wait till I'm ten centimeters dilated to deliver her. The doctor checks me to see how far along I am, I'm six centimeters dilated. This is suppose to be the most happiest day of my life but yet I'm going to meet my little girl that I can't take home with me.
Hours pass and I'm finally 10 centimeters dilated, it's time to deliver her and I'm not ready for this. On April 18, 2015 I delivered my dead baby girl.
"Okay Shelby it's time, you are ready. On my count your going push, 1 2 3 push", I give a big push Brianna and Chris is right by my side. "Okay Shelby that was great can I have another 1 2 3 push", I push again even harder with tears running down my face. "Okay Shelby I have her, this is the last push I need a really big one this time, 1 2 3 PUSH!" I push with all my might and she's out. Still in the amniotic sac the nurse takes the baby, "WAIT! I want to hold her please I want to see her." The nurse cuts the sac open, cleans her off and wraps the baby then let's me hold her. Chris and Brianna are on both sides of me when I get the baby, I hold her in my arms. She's perfect, she's beautiful and what's crazy is her features was starting to look like Sapphire. Tears come streaming down my face, I kiss her on her forehead as she's sleeping in my arms. I say in a low voice so only Brianna and Chris can hear "Your name is Chance Sky Rhodes, you're the second angel I met in this lifetime and now you will be reunited with your big sister Sapphire Kris Rhodes. I named you Chance because you gave me a Chance to be a parent again. Not knowing I wanted that or even needed it. Thank you for trusting me with your life and making me a better woman. You and Sapphire take care of each other, and always remember mommy loves you both." I let out sigh and wipe my tears, before giving Chance back to the nurse Chris and Brianna hold and kisses her. They whisper something to her but I couldn't hear it. Chris hands Chance to the nurse that's being the last time I saw my angel.