Chapter 4 Old Friend, New History

DREW

I wake up to the smell of bacon eggs and grits.
"Shells wake up your going to be late for work and you need to eat breakfast." My sister throws down.
I take quick shower and put on my clothes I laid out last night, I have to be at school and my private practice today. I'm wearing a black sheer shirt with a black high waisted pencil skirt, black fish net stockings and the new Jimmy Choo Detta 110. Bri is plating the food, I eat so fast.
Me and Bri says our goodbyes to Montana and head downstairs, we go our separate ways.
I hop in my car ready to drive off when my cell phone rings, it's an unknown number. I decide not to answer it, if they really want me they will call back.
I enter the school building and a student of mine rushes to me her name is Tiana.
She looks sad like she's been crying for hours, I rush her back to my office that's when she bust into tears.
I have no idea what's going on or why she's crying this early in the morning, school barley started.
All my students confide in me they feel like I'm a big sister that they can trust.
"What's wrong T" she looks a me still trying to get her words out, I hand her some Kleenex.
Finally she got her words together "I'm pregnant"
I look shock, She's a straight A student got plenty offers from colleges that offered her a full scholarships.
"Stop judging me Ms. Jones" I snap out of my daydream about her scholarships immediately.
"N-no I wasn't, just thinking that's all" we sit in silence for a couple of minutes, not knowing what to say.
Finally the silences broke, "Have you told the father yet."
"Yes and that jerk told me he doesn't want a
child now, he has to much waiting for him once he get out of high school to let a kid ruin it." I look at her with the face of why didn't y'all use a condom?
"I know, I know, we should of used a condom, we was irresponsible" It's crazy how my face expressions says it all.
"Do you know your options, did you tell your parents?"
"I know my options I just don't know what to do, I didn't tell my parents yet I'm really scared too. I'm only 18 I got my whole life ahead of me, I have so many offers from colleges I don't want to ruin that."
"Tiana we have to call your parents this is big and you shouldn't be alone, no matter what your parents love you and only wants what's best for you."
I give her some more Kleenex and send her back to class.
When she leaves, my phone rings again it's the unknown number, I decide to answer it. When I hear the voice on the other line a huge smile comes on my face. It's Drew my best friend we go way back since middle school and we went to the same high school too.
He tells me he's coming to New York, and he will touch down later tonight he wants to do dinner, of course I said yes.
Now back to work I call Tiana mom,
"Hello Mrs. Thomson this is Tiana guidance counselor Ms. Jones I was wondering when can you come in at your earliest convenience to talk about Tiana."
"I'll be there as soon as I can."

I call Tiana back in to tell her that her mom will be here soon. Hours passed, it's almost time to go but I have to wait for Ms.Thomson to come.
She finally gets here, Tiana is already in my office looking scared and worried.
"Hey mom."
"Hey sweetie, hello Ms.Jones can anyone tell me what's going on? Is Tiana in trouble, has her grades slipped?"
"No Tiana is a wonderful student and her grades are fine, this meeting is more on a personal level than academic."
I look a Tiana, I don't want to be the one to tell her mom she's pregnant I'm here for moral support.
"Mom, I'm sorry but I'm pregnant I was scared to tell you that's why I asked Ms. Jones to call you in."
Her mom looks numb like a ghost just flew passed her, her eyes start to water up but she never let them hit her face.
"Ms. Thomson are you okay. I know what Tiana told you was massive but I also know that you want what's best for Tiana and would do anything to protect her."
Tiana looks at me and starts to cry, I couldn't help myself I start to tear up too.
Once her mom was out of the mental state of shock, "thank you Ms. Jones for being so supportive of Tiana but this is a private matter that we should discuss with her father at home."
I look at her and nod my head "okay if that's what you want, just remember I'm here for you Tiana if you need me."
They left my office.
I hear the ball ring, it's time to go.
I run out the building and get in my car, i finally get to my private practice. I don't have any sessions today, but I have to sign papers for the new wing I'm adding on to my building. It's to allow my building to be more spacious, so we all won't be on top of each other. I have a staff of 12, it's not that big so I want all of us to be as comfortable as possible.
I see my staff I say my hellos, and I do my catching ups and then I leave.
I have a manager there at all times so I really don't need to be there all the time.
I rush back home, once again Its just me and Montana. I envy Bri and Johan love I wish I could find something so pure and sweet.
My phone rings and its Chris, he wants to go out tonight it's been about 3 months since we had our little night cap. I told him I made plans with Drew, he doesn't much care for Drew.
I take a shower and get ready to meet Drew for dinner.
I wear a strapless fitted nude dress that hits my knees with black Christian Loubotin. I'm ready set and go.
Drew texted me to say he's there, I'm always running late.
I finally get there and he's waiting outside. He's always been handsome but I swear Canada made him 10 times sexier.
He moved there 3 years ago for a job he was working on. He owns a real estate and construction company, that builds and decorate mansion, homes, and apartments (he actually did Bri and my home).
He's caramel complexed, with a low cut and a low beard. He's 6 feet exactly, has one dimple on his left cheek, and got an amazing smile, his teeth are so white.
He has on casual clothes, slacks with a white winter sweater and shoes with a black pea coat. He looks absolutely great.
I wave to him while I close my car door.
He gives me a big hug and kiss on the cheek.
"DAMN! Shell you look good even better than before" I laugh.
"You don't look so bad yourself" we enter the restaurant sat down and ate. Hours pass so much catching up so much laugher, we finally left the restaurant.
Drew and I always had chemistry sexual and physical, but we never acted on it because we didn't want to ruin our friendship.
He walks me to my car, I parked on the other side of his Lexus Coupe.
Suddenly I feel the strongest connection to Drew something I've never felt before, I'm sure he feels it too.
Before I open my car door he grabs my waist, pulling me closer to him just staring at me. I can't help but feel shy I put my heads over my eyes not knowing what to do. I don't want to ruin our friendship but at this moment I don't care.
He grabs my face and kisses me passionately the best kiss I've had, this makes me forget all about Chris. He leaves me standing there shock and wanting more, "I have to go but I'll text you or call you tomorrow."
WHAT THE FUCK! how is he just going to leave me with that kiss.
I drive home thinking about it, finally I get home and Bri's there with Montana on the couch.
"How did your date go."
"It was great just old friends catching up, and it wasn't a date."
"So your smiling hard because it's just old friends catching up. Huh, okay."
I laugh "okay no me and Drew kissed it was...." Right there when I felt all my food coming back up, right on the living room floor.
Bri jumps up and tell Montana to stay where she is, "apparently either the food or the kiss wasn't great."
In the mist of it all this she always have me cracking up.
Bri cleans up the vomit run a hot bath for me and send me and Montana to bed. I've never been so thankful for a big sister, since our mom passed away just 2 years ago Bri been my mom, my sister and best friend.
I crawl into bed still feeling like death, I try to doze off but Chris text me:

Hey what's up beautiful, are you still up?

Yes, my stomach hurts don't feel well.

Do you want me to come over?

If you want too, I love him and can't resist him.

A hour later and Chris rings the bell, I told Bri a head of time that he's coming plus her bedroom is on the other side of our home. Our loft was two apartment that got knocked down into one space.

"Damn Babe you look awful."
Before I could even say something sarcastic I feel myself about to throw up, I run to the bathroom in my room and let the toilet have it.
I brush my teeth and head back to bed, Chris goes in my draw and get him some night clothes.
He cuddles me back to bed, "what did you eat."
"Me and Drew went out to that new downtown restaurant, maybe I have food poisoning", it was quite for a moment then we finally went to sleep.
The sun shines through my windows letting me know it's time for work, Chris is still sleep he doesn't have to go into the office today.
Bri knocks lightly on my door "good morning Montana, good morning sickey" I just laugh.
"How are you feeling?"
"I'm good getting ready for work, I think it's something I ate at the restaurant."
"oh okay, I won't ask you about Drew now I know how Christian gets. But I don't think you should work today, call out I'm pretty sure your school and business won't burn down if you miss today."
"Your right I will thanks sis I love you, when you come home from work lets have a girls night out."
"You got it , love you more."
Minutes later Bri said her goodbyes and left for work, Chris is still sleep I don't blame him he's been up all night with me.
I cook some breakfast and the smell of pancakes wakes him up.
He looks so beautiful in the mornings, he looks a hot beautiful mess.
He comes into the kitchen with his messy hair and no shirt just boxers on. He catches me staring at him, he just laughs.
"how are you feeling."
"I feel.... It happened again all over the kitchen floor, sorry about this I guess I still have food poisoning."
Hours pass and I'm in the bed about to doze off, Chris left he got called into the office.
My phone beeps it's Chris and Bri checking on me.

Drew texts me I told him I think I have food poisoning and could we see each other another day, he wanted to go out.