Chapter 5 Drew or Chris, Chris or Drew?

FEELING STUPID NONETHELESS

Weeks passed and I'm feeling great Chris and I are in a somewhat of a great place, Drew comes around often when he's not working on the TriBeCa real estate. Business is great as usual, I guess people in New York has more problems than I thought. The school work is good Tiana decided to keep her baby, still go to college and her parents will help her out.
I can safely say all is well with the world.

Me and Bri decides to go out its Friday we're young, happy and ready to have fun.

"What are you wearing to dinner, remember we're going to the lounge after" Bri yells from across the room.

"I know, I'm thinking of a black dress with my nude so kate red bottoms" I yell back.

"Sounds good see you in a few" Bri said.

I take a shower and relax with the hot water running on the top of my head down to my feet. I soon get lost in my thoughts, I always wonder off to when me and Chris relationship was at the peak of our lives before the incident happened.
Sometimes I wonder why such bad things happened to good people.
Every time I think back to that incident I cry, I'm in the shower crying like an idiot.

"Let's go we have dinner reservations at 9pm" Bri yells.

I look at my clock in the shower it's 8:15pm, I snap out of my thoughts and get dress. I put on my fitted black dress that hits right above my knees. I add my gold necklace and put my heels on. Check myself in the mirror I look good, my hair has curls all over the place I love my naturally curly hair. I met Bri in the living room and she looks amazing no wonder why Johan is up her ass all the time. She has on a black backless dress that hits right under her knees and black shoes. With her hair slick back and touches the center of her back.
We say our goodbyes to Montana leave the lights on give her fresh water and food, we're set and ready to go.
We decide to take Bri Range Rover, we finally get to the restaurant.
She catches me up to all the things I missed like her studio and how well that's doing. She told me Johan and her are doing great they're now talking about marriage. My heart just sanks, I'm so happy for her but I can't help but want that for myself.
She sees my face and stops talking.
"I'm sorry Shell, I just wanted to express to my best friend and sister how happy I am."
"Don't you dare apologize I'm happy for you out of everyone you deserve this."

We clean our messy teary eye faces, pay for the check and hit lounge 66.

Drinks are flowing, music is playing and we're dancing having a great time we both need this.

Across the room I spot Chris sucking face with this woman.
My heart stops, I know we're not together but I was just with him I thought we was finally in a good place. We made a promise to try again so we're unofficially officially dating, if that makes sense.
Bri sees it and ask do I want to leave, of course I do but I won't give Chris that satisfaction.
Bri and I hit the dance floor and dance till we can't anymore, Chris spots me and taps me on my shoulder.
I look at him and his lady friend.
"It's nice to see you Christian, and who's this."
"Ashley, my friend."
I look at him with the face of I KNEW YOU TO LONG AND I KNOW THAT'S NOT YOUR FRIEND.
He gives me that stupid sexy smirk.
"Hi I'm Ashely, I'm not just his friend we've been dating for some weeks now."
I smirked and so did Bri.
"Oh okay well I don't want to hold you up have a good evening", I give Bri the look and she knows it's time to go home.
Me and Britt open the car door when I hear "Shell wait up."
I look at him with a disappointing face and get in the car.
The ride home was quite, while I look out the window tears hit my cheeks.
"He's going to get his Shell don't you worry."
I give her a small smile, we get to our building and Montana greets us at the door, I love seeing her little face.
I told Bri I'm going to bed.
"If you need me I'm in the next room, love you goodnight sis and Montana."
I change my clothes and hop into bed with Montana.
My phone rings it's Chris, I don't have the strength to argue tonight.
Once again Chris made me look like a foul, or maybe I did that to myself.
I want so much for Chris and I to be together that I can't see he doesn't want that.
I'm just so comfortable with Chris I don't want to start over.
Deep in my thoughts I miss the call, he leaves me a voice message:
"Hey Shelby, I know you don't want to talk to me but let me explain please. I love you call me back."
Those words just hit me I LOVE YOU yeah right that's why you was in the club with Ashley.
I know we're not together but god forbid I was in the club with another guy he wouldn't talk to me for months.
I get snap out of deep though and finally go to sleep.