History.

Jellal P.O.V

I hate teaching. What's the point of teaching these kids if they aren't interested? I mean, most of them were either texting, talking, or just plain asleep. Did this ever happen when I was at school? No, we would get our asses kicked by the teachers.

I heard a knock on my classroom door and see Principal Grandine smiling in the doorway. Besides me, was one of the youngest staff members, probably 20 or 21. "How's the teaching going?"

I groaned as I removed my reading glasses. "Define teaching."

"As in are the students still awake during your sessions?" 

"Then no, the teaching isn't going well." She giggled at my response. She walked towards me, squeezing her arms against her breasts suddenly. She walked towards me, placing a hand on my arm. "So a few of the staff members are going drinking tonight? You wanna come?" Usually, I wouldn't agree to go, but her big puppy-dog eyes were so big they were blinding. I sighed. "Alright, but only for a few  drinks."

Principal Grandine smiled. "I'll text you the adress after this class!' And with that, she skipped out of my classroom. The bell chimed, and students began to walk in my class. The sound of girls whispering and squealing annoyed the hell out of me. Last class, I thought to myself. Just one more class.  I turned to the class and began to introduce myself. "Hello class and welcome to Honors HIstory. I'm your new teacher, Mr. Fernandez."

"Oh, tell us about yourself!" One of the girls asked. Some of the other girls squealed in agreement. I sighed and gave in. "Well, I went to this school here when I was your age-,"

"Do you have a girlfriend?" A blue haired girl asked.

"That is a little too personal," I said. "How about I learn something about you guys." I pointed to a  boy with multi-colored hair and asked, "What's your name?"

"Shirley," he gruffed. 

Shirley, really? I sighed in my head. "Tell us one interesting thing about yourself."

"Uh, I can skateboard pretty well."

"Alright then," I searched through the herd of kids and chose a pink-haired girl. 'What's your name?"

The girl squealed with excitement, but cooled down. "The name's Samantha. Samantha Barel. I'm one of the fastest shoppers in the whole school, and the richest if I may add."

Great, a spoiled rich girl,  I sighed in my head. I decided to pick one more student. As all eyes were on me, I noticed a pair of eyes that weren't on me. I saw a red-headed girl reading a book. "You there? With the red hair reading a book."

The girl looked up, having no expression on her face. "Must I?"

I smirked at her resistance. "Yes, you must." I could hear her sigh under her breath as she stood up  from her seat. "The name's Erza Scarlet."

"What's your biggest talent?" 

 "I...I'm a Martial Arts prodigy..or at least, my grandpa used to tell me."

"Don't get ahead of yourself,  Burly," Samantha chuckled. Everyone laughed out loud along with her, yelling out the same name over and over. She didn't look phased by their taunting and just went back to reading her book. She seems like the only mature one, I thought in my head. "Settle down, class!" I hollered.  "Time to actually start learning something."

Everyone groaned as they began to take out their texts books. I taught class like I normally do without all the whining or sleeping or snoring. This class was quite peaceful despite the fact that ever girl was staring at me.

Well, almost every girl.

I noticed that there were five more minutes until the bell rings, so I gave out the assignment. "Your assingment from me is to give me a role model from history. I want five facts about the person and why you chose them as your role model. All due tomorrow."

The class groaned some more as the bell rang loudly. Everyone packed their stuff and headed out of my classroom. As I cleared my desk, I felt a strange presence in the room. I looked up and noticed that Erza was still here, writing down something onto her notebook. "Ms. Scarlet, you can go leave now. Class is dismissed."

She must've been in a trance, because she was writing down some kind of material so quickly with such a face that I couldn't even describe. I walked over to her desk and peered behind her, looking at what she wrote. Role Models for History Class: Fu Hao, Queen Boudica, Joan of Arc, Mulan, Tomoe Gozen.... As she finished writing, she stared at the words for a moment and sighed. Her face looked so...relaxed, at least compared to the other students. She looks up and is startled by me looking at her notebook. "What are you-?!"

"Calm down, Erza. I called your name a few times but you didn't respond."

She stared at me for a  moment, but then looked away, holding on to her notebook. She began to pack all her things, but as I watched her walk away, I asked her, "Why women?"

Startled, she froze between the doorway. "Huh?"

"I noticed that all your options were women. Why?" 

I could hear a sigh coming from her body. She turned and looked at me, her eyes filled with both confidence and fear. "Because they are who I want to be. Not who I am in this lifetime."

And with that, she walked away,leaving away a different type of aura than most girls usually leave me. I smirked to myself with amusement. "Well...she's different."