S e v e n t e e n

Her legs were dangled, not touching the ground. She sat on a cliff on top of a mountain, reminiscing yesterday's event. She covered her face with both of her hands. Nothing escaped her lips except for a soft cry.

Which gradually became sobs.

She cried for quite the time, until she was ready to move on and never think about it anymore. Her eyes were red and puffy and her cheeks still had the stains from her tears.

When she thought she had everything. When she thought he was all that she needed.

When she thought the game didn't matter anymore.

Everything faded away, just like that.

She got on her feet. Knowing that Peter would probably try to find her for not visiting him, she flew away. Trying to escape.

To where exactly?

Then she realised, that she was always and had forever been Peter's. She didn't know where to go, for she belongs to him. Wherever he is, she is there. She was his shadow.

It has always been like that.

It hurts her to know that. To finally not be blinded by the fact that he had won from the start.

She clenched her fists in anger. Furious by the conclusion.

"Who needs him anyway?"

The same thought raced her mind, repeating itself over and over again. In every second, her anger was fueled even more. Feelings bottled up inside, ready to blow out any minute.

But then she sighed.

She shut her eyes. Gliding through the air, she tried to push away all of the stupid thoughts. She emptied her mind and relaxed whilst flying through the sky.

She breathed relief, her flying rate slowing down. She let go of all of her powers, and she was dropping down slowly. Her fingers intertwined with themselves, as she never opened her eyes. The wind attacking her figure as she fell.

Not thinking of anything. Relaxing, as she trusted her body to hit the ground.

Fourteen days down, sixteen more to go.