"Oh yeah really? You can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible... Sounds like a real hardship McCall."

"Yeah I can run really fast now. But half the time I'm running from people trying to kill me! And I can hear things... Like my girlfriend telling people she doesn't trust me right before breaking up with me. I'm not lying to you. It ruins your life."

"It ruined your life, you had all the power in the world and you didn't know what to do with it. You know what it's actually like? It's like. You turned 16 and someone bought you a Porsche when they should have started you out with a nice little Honda... Me, I drive a Porsche."

Jackson walks back to his car and drives off.

"I swear that kid is really starting to piss me off. I hope he gets what he wants. And I hope it kills him."

And with that I get back into the jeep.

--------------------

I get a text from Scott

From: Scott

Get to Derek's now. It's urgent!

Wow that was vague.

I sprint through the woods and get to the Hale house. I go through the back entrance. I see Jackson sitting on the staircase, helpless. Then I hear Derek yell,

"Look around you, wouldn't there be someone here to try and save you? There's no one here. There's a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car, no one cares that you have perfect hair. And no one cares that you are captain of the lacrosse team!"

"Excuse me, co-captain." Scott says from the top of the staircase.

I hear some growling and see Derek and Scott both wolfed out. I move to the staircase and give Jackson a hand.

"Run. Get out of here. Go!"

He sprints off, then I hear Derek shout,

"Cover your eyes!" I hear arrows and bullets hitting the house from all directions. Derek pulls me over towards him. He sits down pulling me with him. He shields my body with his. I see a bullet hit Scott in the stomach.

"Scott!" I yell.

Derek's grip never loosens. Scott is bleeding badly and is sat at the other side of the room.
Derek pushes me up and shouts over the gunfire

"Get Scott and go. Now"

"I can't leave you here."

"Go!"

I crouch down,

"Stay safe."

I kiss him and then run over to Scott. I pull him up and he leans heavily on me. I feel a sudden shooting pain go up the back of my right leg.

"Ah shit." I say realising I've been shot.

"Scott stay with me. You've got to stay awake." We get to the woods and I sit him against a tree. His eyes shut.

"Scott!" I shake him, he's not waking up. I pull him onto my back. Then I hear a roar that would only belong to Derek. I begin walking through the woods when I see a figure walking towards me.

"Please help me."

The figure emerges from the darkness.

"Deaton?"

"Mackenzie? What happened?"

"Hunters. They cornered us at the Hale house. The bullets are laced with Wolfsbane. Scott got shot in the stomach, he keeps passing out. I got shot in the back of the leg. But that's not important, we need to get the bullet out of him."