Serena's Secret Part 9

Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie pulled their winter wear tighter around their shivering bodies as they arrived at Dendemille town. A cold, chilling wind danced around as the gang looked around at the blanket of soft, glimmering white snow covered everything in sight. Bonnie flopped onto her back and kicked her arms and legs about, forming a snow angel. "Bonnie! You're gonna make yourself soaking wet!" Serena warned her. Bonnie ignored Serena and carried on kicking about, laughing happily to herself.
"C'mon Sere! It's fun!" Ash said, as he copied Bonnie and jumped into the snow.
"Uh... I think I'll pass..." She laughed politely. Clemont smiled at Serena.
"I think I'll pass too. I have a low immune system, and catch colds pretty easily." He chuckled. "I don't wanna catch a cold on Christmas eve!"
Bonnie squealed at the sound of the word 'Christmas' and began running in circles around her brother.
"I can't wait for tomorrow to open my presents!" She screeched excitedly, and suddenly stopped in her tracks, staring at Serena, Clemont, and Ash who had stood up and was brushing the snow off of his back. "They better be good presents!" She moaned. Serena laughed.
"You're just going to have to find that out for yourself, and be patient. Right, Ash?" She laughed. Ash looked up. "Huh? Oh, yeah. Right." He smiled. "What where you saying...?" Serena sighed.
"Never mind..." She told him.
"Can I ask you a question?" Bonnie asked, grabbing hold of Serena's hand.
Serena nodded her head. Bonnie smiled from ear to ear as she sang, "Do you wanna build a snowman?" The gang laughed at Bonnie's reference to Disney's Frozen.

They decided that they would divide up into pairs. One pair would make the snowman's head, and the other pair would make the snowman's body. "Whoever makes the biggest snowball wins, and the winning pair's snowball is gonna be the body for the snowman. Ready? Go!" Ash screamed as he and Clemont rolled their snowball across the floor, and Bonnie and Serena copied. After a while of rolling their snowballs across the floor, the two pairs had each produced a snowball around the size of a yoga ball and had agreed to call it quits. They sat down on the floor to catch their breath and looked at the huge snowballs.
"How are we going to know which snow ball is the biggest?" Bonnie asked as she scratched her head.
"Sound's like that's my cue!" Clemont smiled as he stood up. "I thought we might encounter a situation precisely like this one, so, without further ado, I give you, The 'snowballmeasurer-2000' And he pulled a white dust sheet off and revealed his strange machine. It had a large mechanical hand, and an oversized tape measurer. Ash and Bonnie stood up to inspect the machine.
"Science is so amazing!!!" Ash beamed, his eyes glittering. Serena stood up, but kept her distance. She knew what usually happened to Clemont's inventions.
Clemont began tapping the remote control he was holding in his hand. It seemed to actually be working, so Serena took a step forward to get a better view of what Clemont was doing. Suddenly, she noticed the springs from inside Clemont's remote control had sprung in all directions. She quickly jumped behind Ash, as what she predicted had happened. Clemont's invention had exploded and everyone was now covered in thick black soot. Everyone that is, except Serena.
"I guess science isn't so amazing..." She laughed.

After running around in the snow for a few hours, the gang were hungry, cold and wet.
"I'm cold!" Bonnie moaned. "I want some hot chocolate!" Ash looked down as his stomach grumbled.
"I could eat anything!" He sighed.
"Looks like I need a change of wardrobe!" Serena said, looking hastily down at her now dirty clothes.
Clemont looked around. The nearest pokemon center was a few miles away, and he didn't think any of them would have the patience to walk that distance the way they were feeling. While attempting to brainstorm an idea, he spotted a hotel, not too far away.
"A-ha!" He smiled.
"What is it, Clemont?" Ash asked.
"I have an idea. Follow me." Clemont pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he lead him and his friends toward the beautiful hotel.

"Oh wow! It's gorgeous!" Serena smiled as the gazed up at the building.
"Come on!" Bonnie ran inside the gates. Serena and Ash chased after her. "Hey! wait for me!" Clemont slowly tried to catch up. When he entered the hotel, Bonnie, Ash and Serena were already at the front desk, asking the receptionist if he had any rooms with Christmas decorations.
"It just so happens that we have one last Christmas Suite." He told them and he handed the key to Ash. Before he could say another word, Bonnie, Ash and Serena had ran off to find the room. "I didn't even tell them what room the Christmas suite is..." He told Clemont. "Go find your friends and tell them it's room 28 on the third floor. Enjoy your stay!"
Clemont smiled at the receptionist and ran as fast as he could (which wasn't that fast at all) to catch up with his enthusiastic friends and little sister.