Serena's Secret Part 3

After Serena had finished her drink, she, Ash and Misty head back to the sand to sunbathe. Serena lay on her stomach and rested her head on her arms, while Ash and Misty lay on their backs so they could talk.

"So, Ash. Have you seen much of Gary?"

"Oh, uh... No. Why?"

"Oh, no reason..."

Serena sighed and put in her earbuds. She didn't want to listen to Ash talking to another girl. Whether it was flirting or not. She scrolled through her songs until she found one that suited the moment perfectly. It was called, 'Just a little bit of your heart' By Ariana Grande. She listened to the lyrics, her heart breaking in two as Ariana sang,

'I don't ever tell you how I really feel, cause I can't find the words to say what I mean, and nothing's ever easy, that's what they say, I know i'm not your only, but i'll still be a fool, i'm a fool for you.'

She was finding it hard to fight back her tears. She dragged her earbuds out of her ears and ran away, making sure to keep her face hidden from Ash and Misty so they couldn't see her crying. Ash stood up quickly.
"Serena?" He called after her, but she was long gone.
"What was that all about?" Misty asked.
"I'm not sure..." Ash replied.

"Well if it isn't Ash the Loser." A spiky haired boy walked towards Ash and Misty.
"What do you want Gary?!" Ash questioned him, grinding his teeth at his rival. Gary laughed in Ash's face.
"Well, if you don't mind, Ashy-Boy. I'd like to talk to my girlfriend." he said as he put his arm around Misty.
"Really, Misty! That's gross! I can't believe you're dating HIM!" Ash remarked, clearly disgusted.
"Shut up, Ash!" Misty hissed, frowning. Gary laughed once again.
"I still can't believe you're friends with this goon! Well, I'm gonna go find someone to battle. See you later, babe." He said, as he leaned in and kissed Misty.

Serena sat under a tree and wiped away her tears. 'Why am I crying?' She thought to herself. But no matter how much she wiped her tears away and tried to stop crying, the tears would spill out again. 'What if Ash has feelings for Misty? What if they end up dating? Ash will never have feelings for me the way I do for him...' She thought to herself and she put her head in her knees and sobbed until she thought she heard someone sit next to her. Suddenly, she felt someone put their hand on her back. She looked up slowly at the stranger.
"What's wrong?" The stranger asked.
"It's nothing." Serena replied.
"Is it a boy?" The stranger asked her.

How did he know?

Serena sighed and nodded her head. "Whoever it is, they don't know what they're missing, okay? You're really pretty, and any boy would be lucky to have you!" The stranger smiled. Serena tried to smile.
"Thank you! You are so kind...uh... What was your name again?" She wiped the remaining tears from her face.
"Gary." The stranger told her. "Gary Oak."