Chapter 16 Den House

Start from the beginning

When we walked in the front door later on that night, Elliot just crashed on the couch and went to sleep. A few minutes later I picked Luka up, carried him to our bedroom, and had him take his pill, and went to bed as well.

***

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! I groan. My alarm that I had set after Luka fell asleep is going off, my eyes slowly flutter open I sit up. I then drop down from my side of the bed and walk over to Luka's side, "Luka, Luka." I say as I gently nudge his shoulder.

Like mine, his eyes flutter open. For a moment I just stare at the shine and morning shimmer in his eyes. "What?" he asks me, groggy.

"We have to get up, eat breakfast, get ready, pick up Keith and Cody, and then head over to Den house," I reply as softly and sweetly as I can.

"Yea, alright," he says as he pulls the covers off of himself and walks over towards the bathroom but as he gets to the door-way he stops. "Can we please skip that second to last part?" He adds, I smile at him for a moment before I watch him disappear into the bathroom. I then wait and listen for a second, "Still awesome," Luka says as I hear the toilet flush. I smile and then let out a slight laugh.

As we walk into the living room, Luka walks over to the table while I go over to the couch to wake up Elliot. I bend down slowly. "Elliot!" I say, pausing as his gray-green eyes flutter open. "Time to get up so that we can go to Den House" I say.

"Okay, I'm up, I'm up," says Elliot as he throws the blanket off of him and sits up.

I stand back up again. "I'm going to fix up some eggs, do you boys want any?"

"I would please," Luka says.

"Same here," adds Elliot.

"Well okay," I say sweetly, as I walk into the kitchen.

"Here, I'll help," says Elliot, darting around the couch, into the kitchen and heading straight for the fridge.

"Thank you, Elliot." I watch as he pulls out a carton of eggs, carries them over to the counter and sets them down gently.

As I reach over and crack one open Elliot stands at my side, then he turns his head and smirks at me. "What is it?" I ask as I turn towards him.

"Oh, nothing, it's just...Luka just told me that he likes watching you cook."

I look over towards Luka, he's sitting there, his body twisted around in his chair looking at me.

I turn back towards Elliot. "Well I didn't hear him say anything, so why could you?'' I ask him, arching one eyebrow.

"It's hard to explain, but I'll try to as best as I can. Basically, Omegas can communicate to each other without having to use the mind link. It's like telepathy, or being psychic. Only Omegas can do this. Now Luka, he doesn't know anything, not how to hunt, not how to connect with his wolf. His wolf doesn't know how to use his instincts, he doesn't even know how to use the mind link. The only thing Luka knows how to do, is survive throughout the day."

"Then we'll have to teach him," I say.

I put the eggs on their plates. Elliot grabs two, and I grab the remaining one. At the table, I set Elliot's plate down while he sets mine and Luka's down. "Here you go, buddy, enjoy." Elliot gives Luka's head a gentle pat. We sit down ourselves.

As we walk out the front door, I look around. A thin, crisp, light layer of fog has covered the morning sky. It looks like one of those shots you would find on a postcard. I like it. I then look around to the two boys behind me. Boy, it's a good thing we've got our thick clothes on. I'm wearing a black hoodie, a black pair of sweatpants, and a plain black T-shirt underneath it. Luka and Elliot almost have the exact same outfit as each other, the only difference being that Luka is wearing a white hoodie and Elliot's wearing a dark gray hoodie. If someone were to be looking at them from a distance they would swear that the two of them were brothers, and they'd be wrong, though in a way, on the inside, I do feel like that's what these two are becoming, just like brothers.