Chapter 9: The Fuck-up

There was no way in hell that I was going to help this man that I have never met before fuck a man I have never been friends with before. That's just a dick move.
"No. Why? You just want to fuck him, don't you?" I asked, and Chris looked at me with concern. I was trying to save his ass here, no pun intended.
"Because I said so. Or do you want me to get Howell and tell him some bad things?" PJ smirked at me, and I tilted my head slightly. How did he know?
"What do you know, Ligouri?" I asked, and he just laughed.
"I know why you two broke up, two years ago. That's why he started his life of crime. That's why he captured you."

He knows. But...

"How the he-"
"I'm not an idiot, (Y/n). He was my best friend in the criminal 'world' until Lester came along." PJ cut me off, then looked at Chris. "I won't make you undress him. Can you grab the tie from the dresser?"
I nodded and opened up the dresser's first drawer, and pulled out a black tie. PJ took it and tied it over Chris's eyes.
"Now get out of here, unless you want to w-"
I left the room before PJ could finish.

"Dan?" I called, not being able to find him in the house anywhere. I needed to talk to him about... Things.
"(Y/n)?" Dan replied a few seconds later. He walked into the living room, where I had sat down.
"Okay. PJ told me some things..." I paused, waiting for a response. Dan looked at me in confusion.
"This is all my fault?" I finished, breaking the eye contact. I heard Dan sigh and shuffle closer to me, wrapping an arm over my shoulder. "Not...exactly."

Dan's POV

~flashback: two years ago.~

"Are you kidding me?! You cheated on me?" She yelled, and I sighed. I had, there was no denying it.
"I'm sorry, (Y/n), I jus-"
"You can't defend yourself on this one, Dan! I can't believe you! I thought you actually loved me!" She yelled, and stood up angrily. She ran to our room and grabbed her things, then stormed out of the house.
"See? Now was that hard?" A voice from the bathroom replied. I turned to see Zoe Sugg, the girl who convinced me to do this.
No, I didn't really cheat on (Y/n). I had to break up with her, as Zoe had said. The only way I could continue.
The truth is, I was getting drugs from Zoe's actual boyfriend, Alfie. I needed to "get rid of (Y/n)" so I could stay with the family. But I didn't want to, I really didn't want to, but I needed the drugs.
Now, I'm off of drugs. I stopped to focus on... other things...
But back then, they were all that mattered.
Zoe and the "family" started doing more than just drugs, things like stealing, murdering, and other various illegal things. I joined in, to stick with the family. But then I got into it.
I started murdering for the fun of it. Stealing because we needed money, and they needed cocaine. Now, I'm competing against my "family" for money, for women, for... basically anything. I just wished that I hadn't left (Y/n) for this...
~end of flashback, back to present.~
"Drugs? Seriously, Dan?" She scolded. I nodded, but then shook my head. "I stopped. They don't do the trick anymore."
Then, I heard it. Moaning, whimpering, metal?

Oh god. Is that PJ?

"PEEJ!" I heard a scream, almost a painful scream, coming (hahahahaha byE) from PJ's room. It was definitely Chris. I looked at (Y/n) and saw her face, slightly flustered from the noise.
I stood up and walked to their door, knocked, and shouted, "Hey, can you quiet down a bit? I'm trying to have a conversation, and you two fucking is not really helping."
(Y/n) chuckled a bit, still blushing a bit. Chris quieted down a bit after that, thankfully. After a minute, I muttered,

"I'm sorry I'm such a fuck-up."

Your POV

"No, Dan, you aren't, it was my fault!" I replied, hugging him. After all, it was, if I hadn't fallen for his trick, then I wouldn't have broken up with him, left him, let him become a drug addict, let him start criminal activity.
"Well, you're too late to fix me. I'm stuck like this, I've gotten myself into a corner that I can't get out of." He said sadly.
"The only way out is jail, isn't it?"
"There are other ways, but I'd rather not mention them."

He's thinking of death.
(lmao not only that)

"Dan, I know it's my fault. I shouldn't have believed you. I shouldn't have walked out, and I'm sorry." I rambled, even though I know what he would say.
"It's too late now to say sorry, there's nothing you can do anymore."
(IM SORRYYYYYYYYYYYY
AND I KNOOOOOW THAT I LET YOU DOWN
IS IT TOO LATE TO SAY SORRY NOW
shoot me byE)
"Well, I'm still sorry."

You aren't helping, stop.

"Quit apologizing. There's nothing you ca-"

I told you.

"Howell!" A voice called from upstairs.

Phil, most likely.

Dan sighed before replying, "Yes, Phil?"

"Get your ass up here!" Phil shouted. He sounded angry, and Dan stood up. "I'll be back later..." He said quietly, and jogged upstairs.

I sighed and put my head in my hands, then my elbows on my knees. After a minute of sulking, Frank walked in.

"So. You heard Chris too?"

I looked up at him and nodded. Frank ran a hand through his obviously dyed white hair and sat down. "Weird, huh? I guess Peej isn't very good at keeping Chris quiet. Usually he's better at tying people up, considering the amount of kidnapping and murdering he's done." Frank, although he seemed to be the newest one in the group, seemed to know a lot about all of these criminals.
"You know a lot about these guys," I stated, and Frank nodded. "They're actually pretty nice when they aren't committing crimes. Well, except for Mr. Lester. He scares me, honestly..." Frank trailed off, saying something under his breath that I couldn't quite make out. There was silence for a moment before a door opened, and a flustered PJ walked out of the room. He smirked at Frank and I, then walked into the kitchen. I didn't see Chris, surprisingly.
"PJ! Please! I-I won't do it again, please let me go!" Chris shouted from the bedroom.

He's still chained to the bed.

"PJ, is he... okay?" Frank asked awkwardly. PJ returned from the kitchen with something in his hands, not replying to Frank, but going back into the room and slamming the door.

"He's done for."