I shrugged. "I guess your kiss did that to me," I grinned, taking relish in the way his cheeks tinged pink.

"Get out, Daniella."

"Your wish is my command," I grinned once again as I stood up. I sped out of the room, hastening towards my room and grabbing my duffel bag. I unplugged my phone from the charger and then descended the stairs. In order to pass off time, I seized my phone and scrolled through my messages.

"Come on," came Christopher's voice a few minutes afterward. His hair was damp, meaning he must've taken a shower. He quickly shoved a navy beanie atop of his wet hair before herding me through the door.

"You must be glad," I told him as soon as we entered his car. He noticeably shivered as he turned the heater on and allowed heat to emanate from through the vents.

"Why would I be glad?"

"Because you're in my company," I joked with a grin, watching as he heavily rolled his eyes with a little smile on his face. "No, but seriously, you're skipping school. You must be happy."

"Am I the only teenager who actually likes school?" I sent him an odd look, to which he responded with another eye roll. "It's giving us an education and a future. The least you can do is be a little more grateful."

"Okay, Dr. Phil."

"So..." he spoke up after a few moments of pure silence. "How's Drew?" he asked with a look of curiosity pasted on his face.

I strained not to snort as I glanced over at him. "Why the question? Jealous?"

"Nah," he shook his head, then turned to give me a little smile. "I already know that you like me, not him."

I slid down in my seat as a result of mortification. Rapidly, my hand darted out and I fiddled around with the radio, allowing Buzzcut Season by Lorde to fill in the silence.

I gazed out the window and waited in patience until we eventually arrived at his house. Yet again, I determined to snatch the both of our bags and hurriedly race ahead of Christopher towards the house. He tutted under his breath before inserting his key into the lock and opening the door wide open.

"For me?" I inquired in shock as he opened the door for me.

A sardonic smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "No, for Patrick The Star." He swept his arms towards the door and I muttered a quiet 'thank you' as I walked past him and paced into the house.

I dumped our bags into the couch before speeding towards the kitchen. "Mom, Christopher isn't going to school," I told my mother as I spotted her form a sandwich for Noah. She peered up from the sandwich and gave me a brief nod in response.

"Why not?"

"He's sick." I got hold of a seat at the table and fed Noah a short grin. "You're going to kindergarten today?"

Noah grumbled unhappily and nodded as he hiked his bag further up his shoulders. "Yes," he nodded, jumping off his seat and heading towards the front door. His shoes lit up with each step he took and I shook my head in amusement as I moved my spoon around the bowl of cereal.

"Your father and I are leaving," my mother told me. Christopher and I are going to stay alone?

"What, where?" I asked quietly with enlarged eyes.

"There's this point of attraction that I've always wanted to visit..." I turned her out and nodded, stirring my spoon. After my mother promised to take me out tomorrow and the day after, she left the kitchen and I sighed.