16. Why Not Watch Me Hurt?

Comenzar desde el principio

"Come in!."

Asmund entered the room and she took in his appearance. He was dressed casual, in a bright blue shirt and faded jeans. She stared at him a moment longer before diverting her gaze back down to her shoes. 

"Like what you see?" He stated quirking an eyebrow up.

"You sure are egotistical huh? No, but it is odd to see you in jeans. All I've ever seen you in are suits and ties."

"Well, you are in luck, I had no meetings today. I am all yours." He boomed and Adelina rolled her eyes.

"As much as I'd love to sit here and talk about how wonderful I look, let's go for a walk. There are some things we need to discuss."

Asmund stuck his arm out and gestured for Adelina to proceed through the door. They walked through the halls in silence, before coming upon a door. Asmund pushed open the door and  she automatically felt the sun warm her skin, even though it was a cold day. As her eyes adjusted, her mouth dropped open to the wonderful sight that laid in front of her. The garden in front of her had the most beautiful fountains and ponds. The water glistened in the sun as it flowed through the ponds. She took in all the statues perfectly placed and carved into beautiful angels. She strolled up to one of the ponds and let her gaze focus on the water. At the bottom, she noticed beautiful koi fish in the bottom. They weren't swimming much, as the water was cold, but she could still make out all their beautiful shapes and sizes. There was one fish that was so white that it almost blinded her when the sunlight hit her. She smiled wide, as she watched the fish move at the bottom. She lifted her eyes and let them take in the rest of what laid  in front of her. The flowers were all dead and frost had covered most the ground, but she could tell it would be lovely in the spring.

Asmund studied her as  she stared in wonder at the garden in front of her. The sun shone on her pale skin making it shimmer and glitter. Her hair swirled around her face as the cold wind blew. 

She really was an angel, he thought to himself. There was no way something that beautiful could come from a human.

"When your new room is ready, in the next day or so, there is an exquisite garden that will be attached."

"Oh," She stated still fascinated by the flowing water. 

"Did you think you weren't allowed outside? I was sure we had told you that you could go outside your room now, but it is quite boring." 

"You act like I'm going to be staying here for an extended period. Do you honestly think I won't try to escape?" 

"Oh I'm expecting the entertainment of watching you try to escape, over and over again." He laughed and the sound echoed off the concrete walls that surrounded the area.

Adelina turned away from the pond and shot Asmund an angry look. He chuckled at her temper.

"Enough of this. Walk with me." He held out his arm. Adelina looked at his outstretched arm and scoffed.

"I'll walk with you, but stop trying to act like a gentleman."

They both began to walk around and she let her eyes focus on her surroundings. The concrete walls stood tall and blocked out the view, but she remembered they were high on a mountain. There were guards constantly moving around the area. Some guards carried guns while others carried large swords and axes on their backs. She watched them and tried to memorize the patterns and routes.

"This place was built before the war, although heavily damaged during. It was built to be able to withstand fires, bombings or escapes. We made some improvements."